• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip from south FL to NC and maybe Ohio and back to FL

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil just rolled out. Trailer is a bit well used but the tank is fine. Thanks Phil! And thats funny gimp, I told him to do the same to you!

gungearz

Phil, Do we have an estimated ETA for Bills yet....? And it would make sense to leave Radiogeek99's tarp kit at bills also... I spoke to john and we'll be picking them up together...

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Stonepicker1, And I see you are in Coconut Creek, I am in Boca Raton till next week, then moving northward to Loxahatchee. Do you have a vendor set up where you are? WHATADEUCE

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news. I was afraid the ground would be frozen for the wrecker body move, but nooooo, it started warming up and it will be a mess. I unloaded it in the pouring rain so this will be just as fun. One of us will need to take down the driveway chain on west end so you can pull through and not have to do any backing. :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I smell a new avatar in the works...:swbradley1:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scooped up the pile of rust and put it on Phil's trailer and the three of them left here at 5:30PM.

:)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bet there will be a party at the SWB compound tonight. Thanks Steve. I'm glad it got out of there on schedule.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were pics taken. That axle was problematic to get loaded but no one was hurt and that's all that matters.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"It was a good lookin' wrecker bed until that joker with the backhoe got to it"

Think I'll stencil this above the windshield.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The bigger problem is that axle tore almost every hydraulic hose out of the fittings to run the boom. I have some hydraulic hose I can bring down to the GA rally in the fall.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bigger problem is that axle tore almost every hydraulic hose out of the fittings to run the boom. I have some hydraulic hose I can bring down to the GA rally in the fall.
Sometimes things like this can't be avoided. Whatever the damages are, it's of little consequence as SWB stored the thing at his expense. They most likely all needed replaced anyways. Perhaps I should change the windshield sticker to "Hoses? We don't need no stinkin' hoses!" LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks