• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip to Ringgold Ga.

Jeepsinker

Just made my first stop in Diamondhead MS at Waffle House to check cargo on the trailer, eat, and fuel. One of the brand new 5000 lb ratchet straps I bought yesterday now broke and I almost lost one of the engines. Hurray for cheap Chinese made ratchet straps that cost a fortune. Good thing I have a spare.

Jeepsinker

Thanks G but not necessary. I try to always keep spares of most things around. Anyway, I'm at fuel and butt rest stop #2 at a rest stop just south of Montgomery on 65. Heading up to Birmingham to link up with 59, run that into Chattanooga and take 75 south a few miles to Ringold. I'm sure there are shorter paths but this is what I chose. A little over a half tank to fill up this time. Last fill up was 2/3 tank.
I should mention that I believe that ratchet strap snapping was my doing. I believe the teeth on the flexplate cut it. I stuck a piece of wood between the strap and flexplate this time around.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Praise Casa de Waffle. I seem to always find something that needs adjusted whilst stopping there. Press on but be safe Garrett.

Jeepsinker

I'm always careful! Just made my destination.
odometer: 70,230.4
Apparently the route was a little more scenic than I thought it would be. I don't think I'll get home on the fuel I have left. Stupid mountains and their fuel sucking...
All cargo intact and accounted for.
According to my handy dandy calculator that was just over 831 miles the way I went.
I need a nap.

Last edited:

phil2968

I am only three hours from Ringgold, down here near the rally site. I wanted to show up and crash your party but I had to get back to the folks house. I did stop by Clinto's house for a chat.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's funny. I bet there are a whole lot more folks who know that flag now thanks to the Beef King.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks