• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

road truck

Big Cam 4 Cummins. 400 HP its a 855.
rto9513-- 13 speed overdrive tranny
38,000 Rockwell drives with 4:10 ratio and real brakes.
I used Peterbilt Air Leaf suspension.
front axle is completely gutted and plated off.
I had to drop engine about 5 3/4 in as the original configuration used the t-case for a drop box.
the newer 5 ton would make it a little easier to upgrade because of the air system is already in place.
my truck had the hyd wonder brakes so I had to build the air sys from scratch.
there is more pics on here somewhere of the build im sure. but if you need specific pics let me know and I will try.

tobyS

DaveP, with that HP, there must be quite a few modifications to the engine. Did you balance the crank, rods and pistons? Bore it, stroke it? I used a 4B for a band sawmill I made. Is the 4b and the 4 that you use the

I have a Ford van/bus E450 that I will be robbing the entire frame and running gear and have another F550 truck frame that I thought about using a Cummin's 4 but did not know one could get the high hp that you get.

I have friends (across the road from me) that make a top end kit for the Cummins 6 that comes in Dodge trucks for pullers. It includes serious reinforcement of the rocker arms and strong valve springs.

What do you think about starting with the 8.3? If I were to keep the Alison and have a final drive of 1:1, what rear end ratio would be right for highway cruising with about 11.00 tires?

My idea was to keep the standard engine/tranny mount and lower the frame. In that regard, it would not look oem...but be a lot easier to get in and out of.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks