• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

road truck

Big Cam 4 Cummins. 400 HP its a 855.
rto9513-- 13 speed overdrive tranny
38,000 Rockwell drives with 4:10 ratio and real brakes.
I used Peterbilt Air Leaf suspension.
front axle is completely gutted and plated off.
I had to drop engine about 5 3/4 in as the original configuration used the t-case for a drop box.
the newer 5 ton would make it a little easier to upgrade because of the air system is already in place.
my truck had the hyd wonder brakes so I had to build the air sys from scratch.
there is more pics on here somewhere of the build im sure. but if you need specific pics let me know and I will try.

tobyS

DaveP, with that HP, there must be quite a few modifications to the engine. Did you balance the crank, rods and pistons? Bore it, stroke it? I used a 4B for a band sawmill I made. Is the 4b and the 4 that you use the

I have a Ford van/bus E450 that I will be robbing the entire frame and running gear and have another F550 truck frame that I thought about using a Cummin's 4 but did not know one could get the high hp that you get.

I have friends (across the road from me) that make a top end kit for the Cummins 6 that comes in Dodge trucks for pullers. It includes serious reinforcement of the rocker arms and strong valve springs.

What do you think about starting with the 8.3? If I were to keep the Alison and have a final drive of 1:1, what rear end ratio would be right for highway cruising with about 11.00 tires?

My idea was to keep the standard engine/tranny mount and lower the frame. In that regard, it would not look oem...but be a lot easier to get in and out of.