• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rod Ventilated Block in Deuce -NOT- Crank Broke

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got a little done on the truck today. Bumper on with new grade 8 bolts. Exhaust and air filter done. Cleaned transmission per Gimpy's orders. Torqued the adapter plate to specs and put the clutch and the pressure plate on partially. Went looking for another bolt and hit my head on the corner of the door standing up I quit for the day.

I would have thought with my head the door would have bent and NO RON, I DID NOT HAVE MY HELMET ON.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If only you had had your helmet on ...:roll:

jw4x4

I know we have all banged our heads on an open door to one degree or another. If the corners were just rounded a little bit, it wouldn't hurt nearly as bad. When under the 932, I try to get clear before trying to stand up, but sometimes don't clear the front bumper because of the loooong overhang for the winch (Gimpy is a witness). I have held your helmet, and that would be like carrying a bowling ball around my neck.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In all honesty, when I read this and posted earlier, I had just come in the house from working on an M35a2. The last thing I did, I almost got up and hit my head on the underside of the open door.

:gimp:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I shut the doors when going underneath. Seen gimpy bang his on the winch bumper before.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally, after the cold broke for a few days I got new bolts for the transmission to SAE adapter and got them in this week after Gimpy and I got the tranny up in there last Sunday. Still fabbing a copper line for the air compressor but it looks like it is ready as well, I just have to put the fittings on.

I hooked up all the shafts and linkage and put inspection cover back on and the truck fires up faster than the last engine and it will move under its own power now. Yippee!!

Now to hooking up some wires and putting the front end back on. :)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Longest engine swap ever!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe not. My (in deuce #2) engine lost oil pressure on Sept 22, 2009 and I've been in replacement mode since. Got the 'new' engine in the truck, have the front motor mount bolts in place, fuel line hooked back up and not much else. Need to get the rear motor mounts secured and start on the wiring before getting the air intake system back in. It's scheduled to be done this spring, but I'm not too hopeful.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could have had your M818 done by now, had you kept it!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, I just pulled an NHC-250 a couple days ago. It took about 3 hours. I think I could have done it in 2, if I had read the TM!

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't eat the yellow sand...

jw4x4

Do you have that engine strapped to a tree to keep it from tipping over? Or are you the jedi master of using a tree fall? I guess I need to read the TM again.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have that engine strapped to a tree to keep it from tipping over?
Yes, that tree has tipped over twice.

I'm hoping the engine keeps it upright.8)

Last edited: