• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RPM vs Speed vs Tire size

hornetfan

Oh, I forgot about those! They actually are pretty cheap and easy-ish to get, and they're the perfect with to run 11.00's. Tons of them on the surplus market. I just didn't like the offset.
I would very much like to know more about these wheels! I have a friend in Calgary that can probably help me get some if I just know what I'm looking for.

I'm sending email so you have my address. I'm thinking to run 11.00s on a bobbed 4x4 with duals in rear much like the original XM381 2-ton trucks. Much easier to change a flat if need be by oneself compared to a 395!

Clarke

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
too complicated, this is the simple version.

rpm = (168 * mph * ratio ) / radius

mph = ( rpm * radius) / ( 168 * ratio)

Last edited:

hornetfan

Simpler as long as you know what lurks inside the gear ratio and radius and "correction factor." More useful for me to know the details and get the right answer and KNOW it's the right answer. Personal preference I s'pose. And if you know what is in the details it's easy to change the equation for kph instead of mph. Or furlongs per fortnight.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if you don't know the ratios, you should not be even worrying about it. agreed it is not as accurate, but .05% error is not too bad.

thehaas

what did you notice when you went to singles .do singles seem more balanced since you dont have flap and tube plus big ring .what rims did you go with

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks