• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Running power tools off the slave port?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to run an impact off the slave port, get one of the Robo-Tools. 1/2 inch is only rated at 350-400 ft/pounds, but the 3/4 inch is a lot beefier (and expensive, even on the surplus market). Ferro is using mine right now in the repower/reconstruction of 'Bella'.

Skinny

Ahhh that's called humor:razz:. Sorry, old surfer kid from FLA. it's just "ah" tongue and cheek representation of my Spicoli-esk accent.
No doubt ah yut

Seriously, a small 2000 watt generator off craigslist will let you run most tools all day long without having to refit everything to the Cuck. Or simply run air off the engine or run cordless...feel like this is reinventing the wheel unless you already have the mil spec tools that are plug and play.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seriously, a small 2000 watt generator off craigslist will let you run most tools all day long without having to refit everything to the Cuck. Or simply run air off the engine or run cordless...feel like this is reinventing the wheel unless you already have the mil spec tools that are plug and play.
This.

Using the 24V port (or the bus-bar), or an air compressor on the engine, or an inverter means your 6.2 diesel will be running the whole time. Excess wear and tear of the motor and electrical system, noise, stink, etc…. to cut lumber or drill holes? How is that better than cordless or buying a small Honda generator?

Drock

This.

Using the 24V port (or the bus-bar), or an air compressor on the engine, or an inverter means your 6.2 diesel will be running the whole time. Excess wear and tear of the motor and electrical system, noise, stink, etc…. to cut lumber or drill holes? How is that better than cordless or buying a small Honda generator?
I guess I'm just looking for the convenience of having these tools ready to go if and when I would need them. I would only use these on occasion, but it would be for hard work. The saw would need to be able to cut through several 3" X 24" X 20' wood planks. And the impact would only be used incase of ah flat tire. If they simply ran off the truck I could throw them behind the seat and forget about them.

goldneagle

I guess I'm just looking for the convenience of having these tools ready to go if and when I would need them. I would only use these on occasion, but it would be for hard work. The saw would need to be able to cut through several 3" X 24" X 20' wood planks. And the impact would only be used incase of ah flat tire. If they simply ran off the truck I could throw them behind the seat and forget about them.
You have the option of chainsaw for the planks.

Skinny

Sounds like some on-board air and a chain saw would fit the bill!

Seriously, all you wankers would be worry free with a M1031. I carry my generator, air compressor, and welder with me everywhere I go...why is this such an issue???

Drock

Sounds like some on-board air and a chain saw would fit the bill!

Seriously, all you wankers would be worry free with a M1031. I carry my generator, air compressor, and welder with me everywhere I go...why is this such an issue???
Ha! well for starters I don't have ah shoe box bolted to the back of my truck to store my garage in:cookoo::-D. Seriously though space is ah commodity in the cab of these trucks. Unless you can have ah "normal" tool box or camper shell, of which I can't use because they'd be in the way.

Skinny

Haters be hatin' today!!! :)

I need a wheel chock because one day I will get a real MV and then...uh hem...will need a wheel chock!

OBA could mostly fit under the hood and probably could sneak a few impact tools under the seats up front.

Drock

Haters be hatin' today!!! :)

I need a wheel chock because one day I will get a real MV and then...uh hem...will need a wheel chock!

OBA could mostly fit under the hood and probably could sneak a few impact tools under the seats up front.
Your truck does look cool as heck though, I just couldn't use one with ah box on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, the 2663 Milwaukee impact will remove the lugnuts on any CUCV. I guarantee that. If there is anybody on the fence about the Milwaukeen feel free to come see me at the GA Rally and take a spin.

m109a2

Hey guys most of the ac motors now days such as skill saws,drill motors and such are universal voltage,They work on ac or dc.A common mistake is that some will try a 120 volt impact on 24 volt dc,This will not work well.Try to series at least 6,12 volts depending on load. Add more to taste.

Crash_AF

I have a Snap On 1/2 cordless impact that I swear by. It has never failed to break a lug nut loose on anything smaller than a deuce when the pack is fresh. I hardly ever break out my IR pneumatic gun anymore.

Joe

Last edited:

chongo

New guy here. Just figuring out my M1008 . This is my first diesel and I'm loving it so far. At first I was shocked by the lack of power compared to a gasoline motor. Are you talking about the electrical cord end that sticks out of the grill? What is that? Sorry for novice type question. I'm going to start studying the TM's but haven't had much time as of yet, I've only had the truck about 6 weeks.

cucvrus

I have a Snap On 1/2 cordless impact that I swear by. It has never failed to break a lug nut loose on anything smaller than a deuce when the pack is fresh. I hardly ever break out my IR pneumatic gun anymore.

Joe
Rock on with the cordless Snap-On Impacts. They are the best. I removed the entire front and rear axles and springs from an m1028 with the 1/2" cordless Snap on impact. I used the 3/8" drive to remove and reinstall 2 sets of wheels and tires from an M1031 to an M1008 and it still had 2 bars on the battery indicator when I finished. They are by far the best. I have the others Dewalt & Milwaukee but Snap - On has the best. No comparison. A bit pricey but well worth it. Not designed for amateurs. they are professional tools with a professional price. Sorry but it is the truth.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New guy here. Just figuring out my M1008 . This is my first diesel and I'm loving it so far. At first I was shocked by the lack of power compared to a gasoline motor. Are you talking about the electrical cord end that sticks out of the grill? What is that? Sorry for novice type question. I'm going to start studying the TM's but haven't had much time as of yet, I've only had the truck about 6 weeks.
Yes, that's the slave port. Read the TM's, especially the one that ends in -10, it's the operator's manual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks