• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ryan's Deuce build

rronning84

Happened to find a new Class 5 receiver hitch the matched up perfectly with the trucks frame rails so I snagged it and mounted it up 5/8" shanks grade 8 bolts. Total investment is $150. Need about an 8" drop hitch though.

Attachments

rronning84

Got a couple projects done on the truck recently. I got some KC floodlights with 24V 100W bulbs mounted and wired for back up lights. Wish these trucks had a circuit for reverse so they would come on automatically.

Also got in my new Halogen headlights. These things are super bright and a great improvement over the old head lights and for only $50 shipped who can complain.

To top things off I got my locking handles today also. Going to go down to the hardware store and see what I can scare up for tamper resistant screws.

Attachments

59apache

Chipmaker
Wish these trucks had a circuit for reverse so they would come on automatically.
it's can be done... Gringeltaube has done a (as usual:-D) very clean mod, others gone a simpler route. There's a rod at the end of the transmission, if i remember right for the sprag clutch. it moves in and out, you can mount a switch on the reverse position , thats it.

Last edited:

rronning84

Got some more work done to the Deuce today. I removed the old sketchy propane tank and bracket as well as the pipes. The truck lost and easy 150lbs. Also installed (temporarily) my fuel can bracket and my wife surprised me by ordering the fridge I had my eye on for the deuce. it is a whirlpool fridge and freezer. measures 24W 26D 60T and draws very little power compared to the old unit so my generator should be happy with it.

Attachments

Ryan, I always enjoy your updates. Looks like the build is going well. I really like the lights and the tow package. I tell though, the white paint is really beginning to grow on me. I think you had mentioned painting it another color but I kinda hope you are getting attached to the white as well. It is just so different and unique. Oh, nice freezer/fridge by the way. My brother has one just like that on his porch and it is awesome.

rronning84

I have picked up a few floor cabinets and a closet from Lowes. These are built by Kobalt and are pretty dang stout. These will be the foundation for my counters to sit on and provide storage for my gear on the trip to Alaska.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks