• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ryans new Deuce

rronning84

Well here she is. I picked her up yesterday in St Louis and drove her back to Lawton OK. What a long miserable trip that was. For those of you that have never driven a Deuce, they will not do over 60mpg with a tail wind and anything over 40 on any kind of grade is a pipe dream. I broke down twice before even leaving St Louis. once for a blown lower rad hose (got a pretty close match at Auto Zone) and once for a cracked radiator upper hose neck. Fixed the hose neck along interstate 44 with cold steel covered with JB quick weld. Drove about 10 miles with the cap off to build heat so it would set and then put cap on and as not leaked one drip. Ignition also went out but we all know how to get around that. Oh and the reason for the cooling issues was the belt for the water pump was wrong and the pump was not turning all the time. All fixed and no engine damage. The rest of the trip was uneventful. Now that it is home I am going to go through the whole thing and replace all hoses, belts, fluids and everything else that looks sketchy.

P.S. Can anyone shed some light on the nomenclature of this shelter. I have not found any data plates yet.

Now for some pics

Attachments

Judging from the wheelbase, I'd say it's either an M35 with a frame stretch or an M36. Either way it's pretty awsome! If you wanted to take the box off it, you have the room for a stock bed and a crew cab if you wanted to go that way.
:driver:

rronning84

It needs paint so bad. I want to do a nice flat black all around but everyone I know is against it. I dont want to do camo. I would entertain Tan. What say you guys?

dikwks

"I picked her up yesterday in St Louis and drove her back to Lawton OK. What a long miserable trip that was."

Yeah, but it's gonna be worth every minute. Have fun!:drool::-D[thumbzup]

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed that in the picture where you are working outside the AutoZone you are not smiling into the camera. What's up with that??

As a member of the "steel as*" society of long-haul recoveries I am glad you could fix the issues that came up and keep her running.

I worked in an AutoZone parking lot, too....also did not feel like smiling at the time...

rronning84

I noticed that in the picture where you are working outside the AutoZone you are not smiling into the camera. What's up with that??

As a member of the "steel as*" society of long-haul recoveries I am glad you could fix the issues that came up and keep her running.

I worked in an AutoZone parking lot, too....also did not feel like smiling at the time...
LOL! I should have told everyone that that is not me, that is my Battle Buddy / TC Chris. I was taking the pics. I love working on these trucks so I do not let things like this get to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks