• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S.S. Ga Ralley?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's going to rule, D-man, you should come up here….and bring your truck.

You're not going to believe the stuff we have in the works……..

alphadeltaromeo

John...yes, you CAN make it *wink* This will be a terrific event no question...if Clint has anything to do with it of course.

Dman - we'd love to host you up here in GA for the event. It was a shame that we couldn't make it down your way, but we're trusting you'll take the plunge from your very hectic schedule and join us here to see some real Southern hospitality!

Andy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats funny Andy. Have to drive 500 miles north for some southen hospitality. Kinda tells you where we are coming from.

1958 M274

We are planning on having the GA MVPA Fall Rally again at Falcon Field in Peachtree City. It will be September the 14th and 15th this year.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok guys, I have gotten several PM's about needing a date as soon as humanly possible so that time off from work can be arranged, schedules adjusted, children shipped off to the orphanage, pets put on eBay, etc.

I want everyone to know that I have several people working on trying to find an appropriate place for us all to play.

The issue for us is that there are no "off-road parks" like Haspin in Ga. and a great deal of the land that is available to go play on is more of the Jeep "rock crawler" type of trail and that really isn't what we are after.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are working on this and I will add it to this post as soon as I can.

Thanks for your patience.......

C

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When,where,what kinda stuff for the trail ride?Hopefully it will be a Trail Ride not a mud bog.
1. Late September or early October and no, it will not coincide or interfere with any other events
2. Somewhere around zip code 30666 +/- 75 miles
3. Hopefully both-an easy trail ride for the guys that either have restored stuff and dont wanna get dirty, some challenging stuff and some mud.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
devilman96 said:
You can host it at my place! rofl
Kind of defeats the purpose of a Ga. Rally, doesn't it? :p

Plus, I'd have to rename it the "FL Cookout/Rally"

RAW

Clinto,

This is my first post here. But we have a friend in common . . . . Elder. He may have mentioned this to you already, but . . . .

I've got 253 acres north of Asheville, NC. I'd be happy to host an event up there. I've been considering getting an M35 myself (and perhaps doing the "monster truck" conversion).
You may want to pre-run the trails at my place (to clear some brush and limbs and such). But there's plenty of space to explore.
http://steelgod.smugmug.com/photos/124104031-O-1.jpg
All of the blue lines are old logging trails.

When I still had my H1, I invited some folks up to explore.
http://steelgod.smugmug.com/photos/24304510-M.jpg
http://steelgod.smugmug.com/photos/24310602-M.jpg

I have a steel workshop with a 2 ton overhead hoist, power, water, toilet, shower, welder, compressor, etc.

If not for this rally, maybe some other time.

later,
Reuben

RAW

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm currently located outside of Athens, GA.
But we're trying to build a house up on that NC property. Unfortunately, we've run into problems with the GC. Lawyers involved now. :(

Anyway, in order to really make my property in NC ideal for the big M35s, some work would need to be done on pre-running the trails. It'd be especially helpful to have multiple hands and chainsaws and maybe even a small dozer! :D I've got a unique 4wd tractor with a carbide mulching head. Just need to get up there and use it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks