• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S.S. Ga Ralley?

AMGeneral

Asheville would work for me(especially since it's 45 min away for me)definetly would have no problem attending with 2 vehicles maybe 3.And I definetly could handle recovery with the wrecker [thumbzup].

Blythewoodjoe

It sounds like we are looking at maybe two events. It wouldn't matter to me either way, but I think a get together at Clint's to eat, drink and, well you know the rest, would be great. It also sounds like some serious riding in NC. I think it is kind of Clint to offer to have a gathering at his place to kick back and shoot the breeze and I would hate to not do that and miss a lot of you guys from down south coming.

There is something planned by Cabell and the gang in NC this fall but I bet it's way over on the east end (NC is a very long state). Maybe there is some potential for a combination there.

At any rate if Clint wants to throw a party at his house I am planning on coming down this year. I just want to take my truck out on the road anyway. I don't need to break something on a trail 3 hours away when I have plenty of places to tear it up near home.

The visiting with you guys is why I'm attending. The riding would be a bonus.

Joe Trapp

RAW

Hey, all. It wasn't my intention to confuse the issue.
I was just throwing out my place as an option for Clint to consider.
A mutual friend of ours had mentioned Clint was on the lookout.
If it's at Clint's, I'll probably still try to swing by and drool over all of the trucks that show up. :)

Nice place ya got there, Reuben! We would love to come up there and ride around. I've still got some work to do to the 1008 first though.

The visiting with you guys is why I'm attending. The riding would be a bonus.
Agreed there. I know there's probably some folks driving 8+ hours to come to Clint's, but I don't think we could make that drive, yet. If we have to pass on the trail ride for the get together at Clint's that'd be fine with us. Sounds like it's gonna be a fun and busy time! Looking forward to it either way.

CGarbee

Blythewoodjoe said:
There is something planned by Cabell and the gang in NC this fall but I bet it's way over on the east end (NC is a very long state). Maybe there is some potential for a combination there.
Joe, the show that I've been plugging is in September in Hickory, NC. Location is about forty miles East of AMGeneral's place, but it's still west of Statesville.

I've also committed myself to hosting the 2008 Southern Power Wagon rally (and I'll be inviting all my MV buddies to join us and will this be calling it a Power Wagon/MV event) in mid April 2008. I'm trying to decide if we should camp at the Uwharrie Park and ride the trails in the OHV area or setup at my sister-in-law's parents' place just south of Asheboro (Zoo, covered bridge, Delk's surplus, hotels as well as comping on the farm) and do some local rides as well as run over to the Uwharrie. Then, RAW comes up with his place and I'm thinking that it would make a good spring gathering spot except for the lack of atractions for the spouses and kids who may not want to trailride all day...

I've also been talking with Gilbert about using the beachhouse (Outer Banks) for a Steelsoldiers gathering September 2008, but I told him that he had to organize it... :)

Oh yeah, I'm also already thinking about the 2008 East Coast Convoy...

I'd like to go to GA this fall... :)

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can offer my place too. Its is in GA. I have 11 acres at the house and have a place that would work for a trail ride at another very close location.

The location is middle GA just south of macon. camping on site and close by hotels. The Air force Museum of Aviation is right here too.

Just a thought.

Chuck Herbert

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
ADR... that trail was roughly 10 miles (one way) and ends/meets a very well maintained forrest service that is 20 miles long.
Ferro... you can camp anywhere in the national forrest(free) So I would say we can find you a couple of trees to suit your needs.
JR...couple of miles(north) past Unicoi/Annarubi falls on GA 356

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ok guys, I have all the dates, details, everything you need for this year's rally right here:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=13282

I want to thank Reuben for offering the use of his land in Asheville. I would like to have some kind of an SS get-together there, maybe in the spring. But for now, a lot of the Ga./Al./Fl. guys said it would be really hard for them to make it. So I ddecided to stick with a North Ga. location, even though finding a trailride area was a bit difficult.

Extra special thanks to Reuben for offering and to Joel for finding an area.

rmgill

ahhh. That's so frustrating. I reassembled the slave cylinder on the ferret this weekend and went to bleed the brakes out and apparently I have a leak in the brake line that goes UNDER the transfer box. On a conventional vehicle, this wouldn't be too big of a deal. But on a Ferret, it's a huge pain. The hull is one piece welded with a few access points that are small. I've deatl with this before on Knox Herdon's vehicle and what we did was a very quick fix. I'll not do that on mine because it makes it harder to bleed the brakes since you introduce a high point. We bypassed the line and ran a new one above the fuel tank and back to his brake system booster. My ferret doesn't have that booster so....I get to do it the hard way...

Getting easy access to the brake line means pulling the following:

drivers seat
Gunner seat
Airbox
Batteries and Battery Boxes
radio and radio power supply and the shelf
Drain fuel tank
Disconnect fuel lines and power/elecrical cables from the engine
rear armor
rear hull brace
slide fuel tank forwards
front propshaft covers
Disconnect propshafts from transfer case
remove engine, transmission and transfer box.

Then you have easy access to the brake lines. aua

I might be able to pull a bunch of covers, boxes and the like and get access to the brake line, maybe. But It's not easy. *sigh* Most likely I won't have the ferret ready for the rally unless I can get a kind soul or two to come help me turn wrenches. Trick is that when you're down in the ferret you can't reach crap with out an assistant. Plus getting things like batteries in and out isn't easy with out a helper. I'll probably have to drop the side escape hatches to make getting things in and out easier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks