• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sabatoge or Stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We may never know who the saboteur was. But I think it was the cook.

trooper632

Well how do you figure doghead, it was failed sabotage. Anybody that would take out a filter and pickup up tube and then pack the pan with the rags, whats the reason for doing something like that.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because the 18 year old grunt that drained the fluid was too lazy to clean the parts and put the pan back on correctly. Laziness not any kind of sabotage.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fluids drained, SOP at many locations(for disposal).

Leave the absorbent pad in the pan, lazy(easier than proper disposal) or just protection to keep oil that falls over time, absorbed.

Fact is, you'll never know for sure.

Your thread title only gave 2 choices, I don't think it was sabotage.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because the 18 year old grunt that drained the fluid was too lazy to clean the parts and put the pan back on correctly. Laziness not any kind of sabotage.
Exactly, he was told to drain the fluids, don't make a mess and had probably a dozen vehicles to do in a shift. The spill pads placed in the trans pan ensured no seepage. An auto trans will drip fluid for days. Anyone recovering a "fluids drained" vehicle has to really inspect it for condition and completeness. The missing pan bolts were a dead give away that it needed more than fluids replenished.

Last edited:

trooper632

Right we will never know, I can live with it being stupidity that's why the post says both, anyway I'm happy and a little good conversation.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What happened was he didn't have a replacement filter and figured a couple of rags was better than nothing. This wasn't a DHS truck was it?

ryan77

If you knew it was a fluid drained truck and saw the bolts missing why didnt you drop the pan in the first place? To the Army you bought a outdated piece of junk there throwing out. Soldier A drained the fluids and put the oil dry rags in to keep it from dripping. It doesnt take Columbo to know when you buy a fluid drained truck to inspect everything that had fluids.
:popcorn:

trooper632

Columbo, boy you must be Inspector Cluso. I'm Sure you never missed anything at all by the sounds of your response, As I stated before after adding the fluid it showed FULL on the dipstick. Don't have a clue why some people have only negative attitudes in responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks