• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Safe road speed & licensing?

roscoe

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been lurking for some time, but I finally got the girlfriend to listen to my proposal. :) So now I can ask questions for real :)

This is weird??? I called the DMV some time ago and asked them, well I tried. Took about 2 hours on the phone (no joke) to finally find somebody who would answer my question. Anyway, when I described the vehicle as three-axled, air-over hydraulic brakes, and a gross well under the 26,001 limit, she confirmed 3 times that it was ok for class C non-commercial use. I must have said something wrong... Anyway, no harm no foul no money spent .... yet ;)

Anyway thank you for answering so quickly. As to the law enforcement... well that is my career path, hence my question. I have never heard about the 7000 lbs rule is it new? I am not worried about getting a class B license, just was hoping not to need it...

I am near san jose.
The DMV around here never seems to have the correct answers. I would always go to a state highway post or similar place and get your answers from the guys who give the tickets.

Gamagoat1

Number 1: it does not have air over hydraulic brakes. The system is a foot powered master cylinder, pushing a split hydraulic system. One half for the tractor (four wheels) and the other half for the trailer (Two)

Number 2: When you are ready to license or title the truck the less info the better.
Just give them the title and let them ask if they need to. If they ask, tell them it's a non-removable trailer, do not offer the load carring specs. Stress the fact that it's a collector vehicle and not used for anything but parades etc. if you do not want more trouble.