• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SAFETY HUMOR - the Lighter Side of a Serious Subject

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I attend college with todays generation and most of them scare the ell out of me. Most of them would fall to the floor in the fetal postion if their phone quit for more than 5 minutes. Most of them can't find their arses with both hands. Most of can't manage to get to a 9:15 class on time (if they make it at all). Poor work ethic and study skills.....live for the partying and nightlife.

You can tell the ones that are on Momma and Daddy's dime.....slacking along hoping they will have a few more years of all their bills being paid. Dragging into classed late whining about assignments and having to take a test they have known about for four weeks.
I work at an expensive state college and WM you hit the nail on the head. If we awarded and Masters in partying we would graduate 100% of our students. Well, maybe not 100% since some might not want to work at it.

After 7 years of working here we have had students die by Taser and several by trains (drinking and walking along the tracks don't mix).

Sad, but this college produced a lot of major industry leaders in the past. I hope they continue to do so.

98taco3

I work at an expensive state college and WM you hit the nail on the head. If we awarded and Masters in partying we would graduate 100% of our students. Well, maybe not 100% since some might not want to work at it.

After 7 years of working here we have had students die by Taser and several by trains (drinking and walking along the tracks don't mix).

Sad, but this college produced a lot of major industry leaders in the past. I hope they continue to do so.
It isnt all of us by any means. I notice this on campus every day and wonder wth went wrong? Im only 25 and if I notice it the problem is serious. Cant hold a conversation with most unless its about the last episode of jersey shore or some other useless junk. The future does not look bright...

LanceRobson

My two favorites are the famous markings on the Claymore mine: "FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY"

and the one forged into the side of a large set of electrical cable shears: "CAUTION-NOT FOR USE ON LIVE CIRCUITS"

Lance

PsycoBob

forged into the side of a large set of electrical cable shears: "CAUTION-NOT FOR USE ON LIVE CIRCUITS"
You mean the pair that're now custom wire-strippers? :p

I recall seeing a Marine Corps manual that stated that "One the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend..."

After watching that video, I really want to show that to my forklift-driving coworkers.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was getting my private pilot license about 25 years ago. I had a guy tell me what happened the day before. A bunch of skydivers were ready to go up. Everyone was on board, they lifted off to 14,000ft all the jumpers got out, the last to jump was the guy in the copilots seat. Everyone got down safe but when the plane landed, 2 guys from the FAA walked up to the pilot and asked to see his license and current medical. He responded with I don;t have a license, just a student medical. This answer made the FAA guys flip out. They started telling him he would never fly again and all the fines he would get. Right then the guy who was sitting in the copilots seat came up and asked what the problem was. These FAA guys started letting him have it.
The guy just started laughing. Well this really got them mad.
He started telling them they were wrong even though he only had a student medical. He told them he was the kids instructor. When all the jumpers were on the plane he was pilot in command, and he was the last to jump, once he jumped the kid became pilot in command and was flying solo. The FAA guys were so mad, but the kid was legal and nothing could be done.
I always loved that.:beer: Always ways around the Gov. crap

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The high school my kids go to is being renovated and they've done a lot of work to the performing arts part of the school. One of the "improvements" is the labeling of all the doors leading to different rooms with little placards with raised letters and braille. I assist a lot with the stage, and I was up in the second floor storage room backstage. I looked up and what did I see? The safety morons had put a placard on a door at the top of a ladderway that led to the catwalk that they hang spotlights off of. I've seen the same kind of thing in firehouses back in the dorm area. God help us when we start having blind firefighters.

pgwaldner

The high school my kids go to is being renovated and they've done a lot of work to the performing arts part of the school. One of the "improvements" is the labeling of all the doors leading to different rooms with little placards with raised letters and braille. I assist a lot with the stage, and I was up in the second floor storage room backstage. I looked up and what did I see? The safety morons had put a placard on a door at the top of a ladderway that led to the catwalk that they hang spotlights off of. I've seen the same kind of thing in firehouses back in the dorm area. God help us when we start having blind firefighters.
When I went to get my driver's license renewed I noticed the only office with a sign in braille was the driver's license dept. Go figure.

waayfast

I had applied for my Part 137 Agricultural Aircraft Operators Certificate. One of the steps was to have the FAA feller show up and inspect the airworthiness of the airplane I was using, part of which was ensuring all the safety related placards were in place as required.

This guy was all business, very gruff--NO sense of humor but I did detect a half hidden grin when he spotted the homemade "safety placard" I wrote up and placed in big letters in the center of the instrument panel of the Piper Pawnee PA-25-235 spray plane------- it said:

KEEP HEAD OUT OF A$$

Jim

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I went through the drive in teller at my bank the other day.....yep.....you guessed it......braille keypad (this is on the DRIVERS side of the car).......how many blind people drivng cars go through there every day.:cookoo:

A

A/C Cages

I went through the drive in teller at my bank the other day.....yep.....you guessed it......braille keypad (this is on the DRIVERS side of the car).......how many blind people drivng cars go through there every day.:cookoo:

Uhmmm? Ask Oddball, he is legally blind. lol
But I dont think he can read braille.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks