• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

salt lake city -> memphis, Texas

Maverick1701

I just made it home w/the new truck....1073 miles FTW

I made it 1072.992 miles w/out any issues and as I was backing into my driveway I forgot to disnegage the parking break. I put the x-fer case into low as i was backing up into my driveway and heard a LOUD POP....got out and found the parking break hanging by one spring...sad day :(

here are a few pics from the whole trip
It was really pretty through UT....I was suprised. I always thought utah was a dreary uninhabitable wasteland...kinda like mars. Boy was I suprised.

Attachments

Seth_O

Congrat's on a successful recovery. I wouldn't call the e-brake a recovery mishap, rather your first incident at home :cry:. For replacement components I recommend Eriks Military Surplus, for the most part I have found them to be fairly inexpensive and pretty speedy response time. I called them one day ~5mins before UPS was scheduled to show up and they still got the order into the truck that day. Very helpful and friendly....

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know how I missed this thread..... Congrats on the "new-to-you" Deuce:drool:

You'd better be careful about posting such great pics.... Next thing ya know, every SteelSoldier is going to want one of "those" hood ornaments :wink: Y'all make a "Barbie and Ken" kinda team, too :idea: Great to see the enthusiasm.

Maverick1701

I don't know how I missed this thread..... Congrats on the "new-to-you" Deuce:drool:

You'd better be careful about posting such great pics.... Next thing ya know, every SteelSoldier is going to want one of "those" hood ornaments :wink: Y'all make a "Barbie and Ken" kinda team, too :idea: Great to see the enthusiasm.

lol thanks coldwarrior!!!

She loves the deuce so I think Ill keep her around for a while lol

Chevytruck

Well if you did take the "million dollar highway" It might have been like this.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfI8yV55ets[/media]

Hats off to 350moose who created the video!:D

Green_gator

Glad that you made it back on a safe and uneventful trip. Be very glad that you took the route that you did. I have made the trip over Monarch pass and still cringe. There is no room for error for a vehicle the size of a deuce. I know that the folks who drive trucks in the mountains do it all the time but for a flat lander like me it was less then fun. If you are really twisted and or suicidal try the Rim Rock Drive outside of Fruita, CO.

Attachments

Maverick1701

truck info thanks to CARNAC

Organization: 0160, HHD, 160TH MILITARY POLICE BATTALION

Nomenclature: TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T
Model: M35A2 W/W
NSN: 2320000771617
Serial Number: 22522796
Registration Number: 4M1760
Year of Mfg: 1968
Usage Miles: 58340
24 Oct 91

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks