• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Satellite photos of your (or other) MV's

OldDominionIron2

Nobody else is going to post pics? If we're just going to BS about mine, what do yout think it'll cost me to have that silver maple at the SE corner of the house taken out? :mrgreen:
I can't figure out how to capture a picture of the screen. I did notice the top of my cargo cover isn't painted camo like the sides though.

zout

Just a reminder - these folks are not kidding about the little black helicopters flying over your house checking you out.

This was over my place last year - camera in hand just like ole WM use to do. Maybe it was him :roll:

Camera was not on zoom - this is how low they were checking out the trucks on top of the driveway and next to the garage.

Attachments

Midnight Rider

Many areas have not been updated in well over a year. I checked google earth and could date many of the photos by season or because of property changes. I think they update the city and urban areas more often than rural areas. I do know the city images and higher populated areas are shot at a much higher resolution.
It's more like 5 years since the pictures were taken for my area.

A/C Cages - NICE house!!! 8)

FM5332FF

they got me, I was driving down the street. I switched to street view and found my truck. It is a old picture because I sold that truck over a year ago and I only had the Z400 that was in the back of it for about 6 Months. It had to be taken in 2009.

Attachments

srodocker

i saw google earth driving around through lakewood, wa one time. was kinda cool to bad i had to turn another way as i would have love to ran next to him and be in every picture hahah

Ridgerunner

Google didn't have that good of photos of my place. But Bingmaps with its 'birds eye" view, shows it pretty well.

While the goverment owned my Deuce, it sat outside every day in the weather, for 40 years. Now that I own it, I don't think it has ever been rained on since.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bit older shot of our place from Google Earth. It was before I put the cargo cover on the deuce so had to be before last summer. Also there's a 1009 in the driveway and haven't had one of those for a while.

Attachments

zout

AC - you ruined my scarring the crap at least out of someone :-|

Yeah - they were flying up and down the main towers doing their inspections after the BIG flood we had.

It was good till it lasted till ya blew it for me. :mrgreen: It was cool anyhow - the camera guy did wave - I was waiting for someone to start rapelling out.

Darwin T

get the picture as large as you can. then next to the F12 key is the Print Scrn- SysRq button, press it. then goto the start button, programs, accessories and open the paint program. goto edit and paste. cut out all the stuff around the edges and save it. as easy as slamming you finger in a deuce door.

:doh: i forgot to say something. after you cut the stuuf you don't want, move what you kept to the top left. then adjust the atributes (shrinks the page to the size of the picture) to fit the picture, this will make the picture show up larger without the white around the edges.

JCKnife

I use Irfanview for all my picture viewing and cropping. It's free shareware available for download, I've been using it for years (and they do update it from time to time).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks