• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Satellite photos of your (or other) MV's

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Anyway way to go to a view and go to an older pic of an intersection? My pic shows 2009 and I want an older one. Anyone have any tips?

Clay James

They just updated the picture of my house and my deuce and my buddy's deuce are over where we're working on them. I'm sure I was out there at the time they took the picture. The quality of the picture isn't nearly as good as the last update.

Bighurt

Anyway way to go to a view and go to an older pic of an intersection? My pic shows 2009 and I want an older one. Anyone have any tips?
Not without a clearance, or access to the google mainframe. Actually I'm not even sure what they do with replaced images. Often I suspect google and other public available satellite images are owned and managed by one company...

To stay with the thread;

Mine circa 2007. We traded the F150 for my current F350 in Feb 2008, a lot of the rest has changed since then. Mostly this year.

Attachments

Last edited:

grunex125

Nobody else is going to post pics? If we're just going to BS about mine, what do yout think it'll cost me to have that silver maple at the SE corner of the house taken out? :mrgreen:

If I were doing the work you'd probably have money left over in your pocket......sale of firewood - labor usually equals money in the pocket!!! lol

The nice thing about Google Earth is that it has sooooo many legitimate uses....

take for example in my line of work I can use those maps and overlay them with NRCS maps to bid jobs and have a good idea of what I'm walking into before I start. Not to mention the ability to trace a route and to look for alternative routes for trucks and gas mileage savings

Last summer I was asked by a gentleman to come and look at a job site......I checked out the job site on GE and over layed a map from NRCS and low and behold the person wanted me to clear protected wetlands!!!!!

that could have been a 10,000 dollar fine first offense!!!

AS soon as I get my 5 ton I'll post some pics of that too, If the imagry is updated relatively soon.

poppop

I was on the Farm service Agency County Committee for 19 years. The Government hired airplanes to fly a grid and photograph every square foot of the County. They could then check crop acres for every farmer to make sure everyone was certifing the correct acres they had planted. We had a Farmer that got in serious trouble one year because he planted a secret field of tobacco. Tobacco was an allotted crop and over planting was a serious crime. The field was not visable from any road and at his hearing he asked how we found it. He did not know about the airplane. This procedure is now obsolete, its all done by satalite. Now you have to wonder when you get off the tractor to pee if big brother is watching.:oops:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I was on the Farm service Agency County Committee for 19 years. The Government hired airplanes to fly a grid and photograph every square foot of the County. They could then check crop acres for every farmer to make sure everyone was certifing the correct acres they had planted. We had a Farmer that got in serious trouble one year because he planted a secret field of tobacco. Tobacco was an allotted crop and over planting was a serious crime. The field was not visable from any road and at his hearing he asked how we found it. He did not know about the airplane. This procedure is now obsolete, its all done by satalite. Now you have to wonder when you get off the tractor to pee if big brother is watching.:oops:
Yes...they are watching...better be under a triple canopy of trees when ya pee...LOL:beer:

Katahdin

I just found this great view on Google Maps of the compound taken just a couple months ago, I think I'm actually sitting on the tractor spreading new gravel on the driveway!

You can clearly see the M109A3 parked beside the garden, the M105A2 is parked in the tall grass behind the barn.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Lloyd...next time we meet remind me to tell you about the photos I saw in an underground facility in a foreign country...in 1973!!!

I have no doubt "THEY" can see me from far above, right here, right now typing this post, and no...I don't need a tin foil hat.
(That's why I'm nekid...they won't watch long)

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The SR-71 had cameras on it back in the 70's that could read the cards a guy was holding in an outdoor card game from waaaaaaaay up there.

Now they can do it from a satellite in low earth orbit.

You can run but you can't hide....especially if you have a newer cell phone on you.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The SR-71 had cameras on it back in the 70's that could read the cards a guy was holding in an outdoor card game from waaaaaaaay up there.
Now they can do it from a satellite in low earth orbit.
You can run but you can't hide....especially if you have a newer cell phone on you.
I remember when they said there would never be a computer small enough to fit in a persons house.
Now a smart phone has more technology than the computers that launched the first space missions I'm told.:shock:

All that aside...if you REALLY want to get found...piss off the IRS!!:doghead:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Google Earth got new imagery for my place last June, after I got the M923, before I got the M936A1, and before I sold the M543A2 or the VW Fastback. There have been a few updates since I moved in, and it's fun to see stuff come and go and move around.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I can find is bad pics of my place. When you zoom in close enough to see anything it gets real fuzzy. You can see my driveway from street view but I'm so far off the road (1,400 feet) that you can't see anything from there either. I also keep all my MVs under a shed except a few parts trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks