• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SATURDAY 11/11/17 Haspin Off-Road Day Trip

DaveDawson

I am in for the 11th!!! My daughter and son-in-law are bringing their jeep. It sounds like we will have 3 other vehicles and a young man with a quad. We will get there and ready to go by 10am!!!

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringing my M1009 and two (or three) Toyota's, we got Dave's M1009 with 3 other 4x4's, Jason's HMMWV and whoever else shows up. Should have some room if people just want to come and ride rather than drive their own rig.

Maa45069 - Sucks you can't skip out on the wedding and bring your Land Rover!

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringing my M1009 and two (or three) Toyota's, we got Dave's M1009 with 3 other 4x4's, Jason's HMMWV and whoever else shows up. Should have some room if people just want to come and ride rather than drive their own rig.

Maa45069 - Sucks you can't skip out on the wedding and bring your Land Rover!
If one of you can assure me you will be there by 10 a.m. I can leave around noon

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MAA, what's your Friday night like on November 10th? I'm open to possibly driving out after work Friday night or coming earlier Saturday morning.

Just didn't want to make it complicated for those that don't want to camp and can't really take another day off work at the moment.

You got time to put a winch in that fancy bumper? You know from experience I need one...;)

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MAA, what's your Friday night like on November 10th? I'm open to possibly driving out after work Friday night or coming earlier Saturday morning.

Just didn't want to make it complicated for those that don't want to camp and can't really take another day off work at the moment.

You got time to put a winch in that fancy bumper? You know from experience I need one...;)
YES. I can do Friday night. I'm hoping I can install it but I have to go to Columbus on my only day off for a compressor I bought off iron planet. Let me know I'll meet you there

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MAA and I are going down Friday. He can’t stay all day Saturday and needs to test out his Land Rover.

Anybody can come early or late if they want. Plan is still meet at 10am Saturday for the day trip crew.

I’m getting my M1009 going today to check everything out. Haven’t driven it lately, hopefully no surprises! See you there.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll put that winch to good use, don't worry :D

I rotated my tires, trimmed my front fenders (more), and took the M1009 for a test drive. Drove terrible! Checked my alignment, seem to be a little off, so need to adjust that. Wondering if the tires I have on front now are in worse shape that the others. Not too worried about it, just kind of annoying.

Other than that, all seems good. Nearly ready Haspin!

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll put that winch to good use, don't worry :D

I rotated my tires, trimmed my front fenders (more), and took the M1009 for a test drive. Drove terrible! Checked my alignment, seem to be a little off, so need to adjust that. Wondering if the tires I have on front now are in worse shape that the others. Not too worried about it, just kind of annoying.

Other than that, all seems good. Nearly ready Haspin!
Hopefully easy fix bro. Looks like the 4 inches of rain last night will prob lead to some nice sized mud holes for Friday and sat

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully easy fix bro. Looks like the 4 inches of rain last night will prob lead to some nice sized mud holes for Friday and sat

It was an easy fix. My alignment was quite out of whack. I adjusted the toe-in and she drives good now. I use balancing media (steel BB's) and I've found that they are quite sensitive to the front end alignment. Get the alignment good, and they seem to work fine.

On a bright note, I've got Friday off work. So, I'm free to head down whenever you are, MAA.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking fw to Saturday. We should be down there by 10:00. DJones is meeting me at the house and will ride down with me.

Wire Fox

I'm having to bail! I forgot that I had signed up for a thing with my fiancé's family Saturday evening, and it's just a bit too far to travel to want to worry about being back in Indianapolis by 1800.

I like spending a good, full day down there when I go.

I'd also love to join for Friday instead, but I have a weekly commitment then. Sorry guys!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Wire Fox

And I still want to get that deck to you. I already sent a PM to one fellow on here... but just in case, I'll ask openly: Anyone around Indianapolis able to take a HMMWV radio deck down to the rally for galaxie? I'd be happy to meet up with you somewhere tomorrow to pass it off to you. Anything vaguely along the west side or north side of Indy is on the way for me, plus I'll be going up US-31 toward Sheridan, so that means I'd happily swing by places like Avon, Zionsville, and Noblesville.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May have my brother in law meet us tomorrow evening at haspin with a H2 I'm excited! I'll see you at 2 shrapnel and anyone else that can show up

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wire Fox, if you can get that radio deck to my place before noon tomorrow I’ll take it down for Jason. I’m in Plainfield.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks