• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saturday Dec 30 HASPIN day-trip in Laurel, IN

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to wheel my M1009 at Haspin Acres again on Saturday, December 30th. Right now it's only small trucks. Big trucks would be welcome, and can probably fit on most of the trails we will run, but I can't guarantee recovery for the big boys.

Looks like right now maybe 3 or 4 vehicles coming. Anybody is welcome to attend. Not sure on start time as of yet, but 10am seemed to work pretty good last time. May do earlier if enough people can commit.

This is a fun way to finish out the year! Let me know if you're interested.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May try to make it, weather dependent might throw the bikes in back of the 5 ton so we can buzz around your big trucks like blow flies on a carcass.
As always, if anyone (even big trucks) gets their *it in a wringer, hike up the hill, shimmy up a tree and give me a yell, I can usually be there in about an hour likely with whatever needed to help.

Wire Fox

May try to make it, weather dependent might throw the bikes in back of the 5 ton so we can buzz around your big trucks like blow flies on a carcass.
As always, if anyone (even big trucks) gets their *it in a wringer, hike up the hill, shimmy up a tree and give me a yell, I can usually be there in about an hour likely with whatever needed to help.
Hilariously cold for bikes. I used to do that before I got too chubby to wear layers under my riding gear. The worst is doing 70 for an hour and a half trying to get across state lines. That's cold.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I normally have some seats open as well.

I usually find most of the truck swallowing stuff...

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be in IL for the holidays but I can come back a day earlier than planned. I checked with DJones and he is in. He will probably just meet me at the house and we'll come down together.

I don't plan on bringing my 5-ton but I will if someone else brings theirs. We can have it there just in case.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a friend at work that has recently bought a Quad and he is going to join us. A big thanks to Jason for letting me tag along again.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have talked with Dave Dawson (AKA) UN Dave and he has this on his calendar but won't know if he can make it until after Christmas.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wire Fox, you get that HMMWV going yet? We would have at least 5 vehicles if you get yours going.

I just took the soft top of the M1009 and put a hard top on. Trying to figure out what I'm doing for a rear window so that I can cruise with greater warmth and visibility than I had before. Hopefully a little less body flex, too!

Wire Fox

Wire Fox, you get that HMMWV going yet? We would have at least 5 vehicles if you get yours going.

I just took the soft top of the M1009 and put a hard top on. Trying to figure out what I'm doing for a rear window so that I can cruise with greater warmth and visibility than I had before. Hopefully a little less body flex, too!
Not yet. Today was my only shot this week at getting it done, but a few houses showed up on the market that I'd be a fool to not check out. Saturday will be the next chance.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks