• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saturday Dec 30 HASPIN day-trip in Laurel, IN

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wire Fox, you get that HMMWV going yet? We would have at least 5 vehicles if you get yours going.

I just took the soft top of the M1009 and put a hard top on. Trying to figure out what I'm doing for a rear window so that I can cruise with greater warmth and visibility than I had before. Hopefully a little less body flex, too!
How are you going to restrict the flex?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think he's hoping the hard top being latched in will put in some extra resistance and reduce the flex. I wonder how this will end for the hard top...

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
That truck sure does flex hard. That's why I have been hesitant about removing sway bar links on the land rover untill I extend my brake lines. Shrapnel has an awesome rig

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think my rusted out rocker panels combined with no hardtop allowed the body to flex too much. The fender cutting may have also contributed. Just not as much structural integrity as it had from the factory.

I’m planning to eventually weld in rectangular tube for rock guards which should also help. Then, long term goal, a roll cage.

Until then, I’ll try to go easy on my rig!

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think my rusted out rocker panels combined with no hardtop allowed the body to flex too much. The fender cutting may have also contributed. Just not as much structural integrity as it had from the factory.

I’m planning to eventually weld in rectangular tube for rock guards which should also help. Then, long term goal, a roll cage.

Until then, I’ll try to go easy on my rig!
Ill believe that when I see it...

Wire Fox

So my rig is still down. I got everything back together, got fuel back through the IP again, but can't get any fuel through the injection lines. Getting pretty clueless at this point.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don’t know anything about what your working on, but did you try cracking the lines at the injectors instead of the pump end, to bleed the air out?

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wire Fox, that sucks. Gotta be something else going on with your fuel system. I posted on your build thread asking some more details. Hopefully we can help you troubleshoot it before Saturday.

Wire Fox

Don’t know anything about what your working on, but did you try cracking the lines at the injectors instead of the pump end, to bleed the air out?
Yeah, I'm working at the injector end of the lines, because the IP side is impossible to access with the intake manifold in place. Working on a 6.5L HMMWV.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, it's cold outside and getting colder! Hope you all are still good to go. I''m planning to get down there around 10am Saturday morning. I'll be leaving my house around 8am with 1 or 2 guys riding with me.

Looks like it will be around 0 degrees F that morning. Run plenty of antigel in your fuel!

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to be there early sat morning you guys want to meet at our campsite from last time?

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going to have a fire going at the campsite? I can bring some wood if you need some. I have lots of it.
I sure Can! I will get there early and start the fire. I will use what I find in terms of wood but I sure would welcome some more

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave is meeting me early on Saturday and anyone around Cincinnati is more than welcome to roll out with us. I have a couple more seats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks