• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC meet and greet

What month do you think?

• Feb

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • March

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • May

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • June

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • July

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • August

• September

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • November

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • December

• Total voters

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only 2 days left to the cookout! Please chime in if you are coming! Right now I'm planning on buying for 25 people, that should be enough, but I need to know just in case!

front of house.jpgdriveway.jpgside yard.jpgrear of house.jpgbackyard.jpgback corner.jpg

Some teaser pics of the new place- it extends far beyond the rear line of the back yard.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my 2 van seats (and DOT approved seat belts) mounted in the back for the kids and am leaving out at 0900. See you guys around 1100. Hopefully.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, everyone has headed for home after a pretty adventurous day.

We had about 10 members and there families show up, for a total of 15 people. Not too bad for a first year.

Thanks everyone that came and brought stuff to eat, drink, or help in either of those tasks. Also thanks to everyone for helping take down my maintenance tent.

Craig went for a test drive in his deuce after I got the HH replaced, but it looks like a stud is stripped out and not holding the head down so it was leaking fuel, and the little clip that holds the governor rod came off, so he and an interesting ride! We towed it back to the house and have isolated the issues so it will be back on the road again soon.

Thanks again and I hope to do it next year!

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for having us today Adam and the burgers and dogs were absolutely delicious! And thanks for showing us around your place. You hang out with a great group of guys and it was a pleasure to meet and talk to everyone. Best of luck on your purchase and move. My 923 performed great on the trip and a hats off to Scarecrow for the gift. Kudos to you and your son and I'm envious of your truck!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a blast. THe M814 ran great, and I had fun. Coming home, going thru Wagner, I had a couple of old ladies salute me as I rumbled thru town at 20 MPH. I always get looks in the Long Easy.....

bigugh20

Thanks for having us over Adam. My wife and I had a great time. And, yep, that was an interesting ride, but my truck has never ran better than just before she got too excited and decided that it wasn't time to slow down.

Scarecrow1

Well I have to chime in and say for my first SS rally I couldn't have ask to meet a finer group of people. It was both comforting and inspiring to meet such a great group of people with a common bond. Andy your truck shows me just how far I have to go and much can be accomplished when you are blessed with your drive and talent. Adam you and your wife are such wonderful host we may have to have more than one each year :)
All in all I have to say it was a trip worth taking, people worth meeting, food worth eatting and most of all memories worth remembering.... Thanks again Adam for all your work in hosting this event and may God bless................

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB, I didn't get any between hosting, cooking, etc. I think the only pictures that got taken were SCcowgirl's, and she doesn't have internet, so it might be awhile!

guess you'll just have to be here next year! :naner::tinkerbell:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks