• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

School Me on Hemtt Wheels

treessw

5 ton combat wheels. So with these there are no mods? Does this seem to be the general agreement? I could use the same lugs, nuts etc? This would work atleast for a little and than maybe long ter change out?

dozer1

Hey treessw. I dont know if this is helpfull or not but I do have combat wheels on my 817. The lugnuts take a 1 1/2" socket and they clearly say "right" or "left" on them . The front ones barely have a little bolt portruding past the lugnuts. The back ones have around 1/4" or 3/8"of bolt sticking past the lugnuts. The truck came with the combat wheels so I dont know if the lugbolts are the same as standard rims would use.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Ok I know I'm bringing a thread back from the died (so to speeck), but I'm in the process's of buying a m818 and 6 16r20 (53's) from preacherboy. But we don't have rims for the 53's. So I was thinking if the combat rims rub on the front can I run combats on the rear and run hemmt's on the front?

paradeduty

I would think that you could as either rim is a 20" diameter and sounds like you plan to run the same tires all the way around (i.e. effective gear ratio remains the same). Not sure, but check the prices, the HEMTT rims may be cheaper than the Combat rims (but I have no info to support this). Glad to see someone picked up Preacherboy's 818! Congrats, but this reply to your question will cost you a posted picture on here! (just kidding - but we all have to keep feeding the addiction!) Good Luck, Dave.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I go the 27 of this month to check it out and take him the first part of the payment. and to see if we can get this beast to run like shes suppose to. Go a couple buddies going up to to help out. I'll start a new build thread as soon as I get back with lots of pictures. My wife told me last night she didn't think I would find a truck this fast, she now not in the best of moods, but I figure I make the money, and the bills get payed first then then what ever's left overs fair game for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks