• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SECal Desert Trip

DavidWymore

Anyone interested in a trip to one of the deserts out in my neck of the woods? I noticed we have a few memebers from the San Diego area. I'd love to hang out with some MVs and would be glad to "host" a trip.

Some options would be : Truckhaven, Superstition, Borrego Springs, Anza-Borrego, or Ocotillo Wells.

hole

David , I've not personally been to any of the locations you've mentioned but its not too early to discuss our spring trip:wink:

hole

We are scaterred about so cal. Pasadena area, San Berdo area, Santa Clarita area, High Desert. ( I'm sure I'm forgetting other locales ) Our past trips have been to Stoddard Wells/ Victorville for a few reasons: close enough to civilazation if we need parts, offers both rough offroading and dirt roads( did I mention the Slash X bar ) and relativly the closest for the majority. Also a quick jaunt for legal shooting

DavidWymore

That looks like a good central location. If you guys are bored of it we could do Johnson Vallley just down the 247 by Lucerne Valley. That's where 100dollarman is, I've been there a couple times for tires but never made it out to the offroading area. A lot of 4x4 guys I know go out there for the rockcrawling but I don't currently have an appropriate vehicle assembled....:roll:

Hope you guys don't mind if I don't have a MV. It kinda sounds like a deuce. Should I paint it OD green? or maybe tan....

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidRWymore

Last edited:

DavidWymore

It's directly across the 86 from Salton City. Camping, fires ok, no shooting. Superstition has a shooting range but I don't think it's public. I'd have to find out who's in charge and see if we could use it. Superstition is close to El Centro. There's lots of open area around it but the "mountains" themselves are sand dunes and rocks. Not very deuce-hospitable.

100dollarman

I say ther Hammers area- we could camp at Means dry lake, check out the Hammer trails. There are alot of trails there that the MVs could handle, plus some sand dunes, Giant Rock, bomb holes, Integretron, we could convoy up to Pappi and Harriets Saloon/resturant in Pioneer town, and if you guys are game- we could run up Rattlesnake cyn!!! That would be BADDASS!!!

I excite easily...

David, I plan on attending the Terra Del Sol event (TDS) hopefully this year if all goes well, It has been at truckhaven I believe. I remember a couple years ago a bunch of dueces did a run at berrago springs a week or 2 before the TDS event.

Check out Cal4wheel for the TDS run dates. it is a lot of fun.

Enough for me to ditch MOAB for the run to TDS.

DavidWymore

David, I plan on attending the Terra Del Sol event (TDS) hopefully this year if all goes well, It has been at truckhaven I believe. I remember a couple years ago a bunch of dueces did a run at berrago springs a week or 2 before the TDS event.

Check out Cal4wheel for the TDS run dates. it is a lot of fun.

Enough for me to ditch MOAB for the run to TDS.
I should be there, go every year. Truckhaven is a good spot.