• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SECal Desert Trip

Havent yet been to JV but I hear it is a great place...even if only spectating. For any of these runs, I would trailer my Bronco and camp in the duece....Im game for any, date will decide my attendance.

Just cause 100DM runs the hammers doesnt mean any ol duece will do it....MR BOB.:wink:..I want to see Air Lockers on it by this run!!!:evil:...Then we can spectate for sure..:grd:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
UGH!!!

I can't take it anymore...someone get me out of here!!!!auaauaauaaua
I need some dry and warm weather again STAT!!

hole

Hey Mike, my offer still stands if you want me to get you from airport:wink: Not much in the way of rain but its been in the 30's more nights than I can remember it being this early in winter:shock:. Ok, back to the date thing, whens good for the masses? Easter is on the 12th this year, so I'd reccomend going on 17th- 19th to avoid all the extra people off for the holiday2cents

100dollarman

So, Johnson Valley it is???

You guys wont regret it- its the perfect place for us! I will scout out a good place to shoot.

How about sometime in March? Or even Feb? (I cant wait!)

I know I have a BIG Jeep deal going on out there in April sometime-- I'll check the dates. Also I will probably Jeep camp out there sometime in the next few weeks to sorta 'pre-run' for the big meet in April. Let me know if anyone wants to come out early to check it out. Its only about 25 miles from my house.:grin:

I still have the bob deuce, but a couple of serious buyers are looking right now- maybe I will be able to get another (bigger) one ready by then!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JV is big! I was just uot there for the new years festivities..5 mi out past the rock garden on Bessimer Mine. I was by your place Mark. Looks good!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hole,

This time I'm probably gonna take you up on the offer. Finalize the date and then we'll talk.

hole

:jumpin::beer:Outstanding news Mike !!! I was talking with brother Will last night about the trip. He's gotta look at his wifes work schedule and will post up some dates soon !

ems4ty

So it appears that its Johnson Valley this time and not the usual Camp Dirtbag? (Or would this be a Camp Dirtbag Satellite Location?)

I'll keep an eye on the thread. I might not have an MV this go around, but either way, I'd still go to hang out with my buddies!

-Tyler

Last edited:

hole

Tyler, the dirtbag thing just follows us around wherever we go :wink: . Johnson Valley is about the same distance as Stoddard Wells is for us. Look forward to seeing ya

ems4ty

Alright, Alright, guess I'll let it slide this time. Been to last few trips and it was starting to feel like home (Not sure if that's a good thing or not.) Either way, looking forward to seeing you guys again soon!

BTW - Talked to will last night and touched bases. Any thoughts of a Fontana run? I know its been a long time.

Thanks

-Tyler

slotman

johnson valley

johnson valley sounds great, some where you can do some shooting too. count me in, we should enjoy JV while we can, I just went to a meeting regarding marine core base taking over johnson valley area. The navy is comming in and doing flight ops training to support marines 24/7, could get real noisey at 2 in the morning. i support the joint training but hope they compramize and leave some of johnson valley for off roaders. as far as the noise from flight ops, if i minded i wouldn't have got a whistler turbo truck but a lot of 29 palms residents do. i say support our troops. keep us informed as to the date.

I just found this thread.

FMJ
You would be correct sir, that is the place.

I used to launch high power rockets (Tripoli High Power Rocketry Assn.) about 5 miles NW of the 247/18 intersection in the dry lake bed.
We had a major launch every February. I made the mistake of camping out there one night. It was great during the day but I froze my assets off that night so I hope it is a little farther into spring. Brrrrrr!!

BTW Mike, I am wearing shorts today but I have a flannel shirt on. Send us some of your rain.