• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SECal Desert Trip

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was just looking at the restrictions.....

Shotguns only....
Mufflers on all Vehicles....does a turbo quailfy?...

hole

Most of our local deserts have these restrictions. As long as your not being an ass hat everything is fine. The ranger paid us a visit on our last trip , he just wanted to see the Deuce's, talked for a short bit and left us be.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was out in JV over the new year w-end. We were firing off rifles with no issues, but we were 13 miles in. I do know a guy who lives just to the east of Camp Rock Road who has a shooting range on his property. I'm sure he'd have no issues with us. Hundy, you know Steve's Place? I think it's off Santa Fe.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just found this thread.

BTW Mike, I am wearing shorts today but I have a flannel shirt on. Send us some of your rain.
You don't want any of this rain. It was enough to close the I5 fwy. :roll: Would someone please send up an ark to get me the heck out-o-here:(

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easy Mikey! I think a DUKW or a LARC will do fine, no need for something as big as an ark;-)! You got snow, we got ground shakes!
BTW, I am STILL wearin' shorts! Although, I gotta admit, at 0430, it is a tad cool.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Most of our local deserts have these restrictions. As long as your not being an ass hat everything is fine. The ranger paid us a visit on our last trip , he just wanted to see the Deuce's, talked for a short bit and left us be.

I visited alot of these places when I was stationed in San Diego from 85 to 04. I also know that if you are shooting a rifle thats on California's "assault" weapons list that your weapon can be confiscated if you are found shooting it on public land, unless something has changed. I had a Ranger stop while I was tgt shooting with my Colt Sporter, and he told me directly that if it had been an AR, he would have taken the weapon, and ticketed me. If something has changed in Cali since then...

I'm interested in coming out with my Deuce, or the 1009 for the get together. :-D

Ed

hole

I hope you can make it, we have a blast! As far as shooting goes , Hundy and Will Wagner are very familiar with J.V. and can take us someplace safe to shoot