• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

nofearnohope

My plan is to have the shirts be OD Green or as close as I can find with black print. It will say Second Semi-Annual TX MV Rally 2010 at the top with a silhouette of an M35A2, M715 and M1009. On the back it will say "Supporting our troops by preserving their past" and list the members' IDs who attended underneath. Won't know price til I make sure this design sounds good to everyone.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need help finding a pic of the M715 that looks like the pics I have of the M35A2 and the M1009.
I had been looking for quite some time NFNO. By thoughts were to find a streamlined photo, black and white it, then trim out the excess photo but that didnt work too well in photoshop for me. But I'll keep looking.

nofearnohope

Barrman, can you check with Boxcar? I would like to put in one big order, instead of several little ones. I have also asked for suggestions on the rally shirt for March so we can have them ready to wear for the museum open house.

OL AG '89

And now the kicker.....
While "playing" at the farm today, I discovered that my 4WD doesn't actually work????

Barrman, I was doing the wheeling at BVORR in 2WD even when I thought I was in 4WD.
Now I'm impressed!!!

But now I have one more thing to fix!!!

I'll post the mudding pictures later
Anybody some clues on what to check for the 4WD???
Yes the hubs were locked, yes the prop shaft was turning, but when you see the pictures you'll the back tires spinning, but the fronts are just rolling on the ground no power applied!!!!

Barrman

Not trying to one up you, but I found out when we got back to camp that my 715 was in 2wd the entire time as well. Colton when he was driving put it in low, but not 4x4.

Unlock the hubs and crawl under the truck. The front drive shaft should turn with the tcase in 2wd. Lock in a hub. The ujoint in the knuckle on the other side should spin when you turn the drive shaft. Unlock the first hub and lock in the other. Now, the other ujoint should spin in the other knuckle when you turn the drive shaft.

All of the above is checking for front axle problems and locking hub function. If all is still good.Unlock both front hubs and put the truck in 4x4. Try turning the front drive shaft. It shouldn't spin. If it does, have somebody mess with the tcase shifter handle while you spin the shaft. It should lock up when in 4x4.

Since you drive the truck and haven't reported any weird noises. I will guess that it is a front axle problem. More than likely a lock out hub not locking. Let us know what you find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks