• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

nofearnohope

I just found out that the Bryan Rotary Club is having a Veteran's Day Parade on Nov 7th and 2:30pm. I know most of ya'll will have left town by then, but is anyone interested in staying to be in that parade?

Barrman

Add Boxcar with a M35A2 and 2 kids to your list. He will be coming out of Bastrop and joining up with me near Manhiem for a Friday evening arrival.

pistolnut

Well I'm really starting to look forward to this event. I'm also really starting to panic about what truck to try to slap together in two weeks to bring. I have a 715 that's an easy fix and an M-35 that will take some doing but might be the better choice. Whatever I bring will likely be pretty rough.

nofearnohope

Well I'm really starting to look forward to this event. I'm also really starting to panic about what truck to try to slap together in two weeks to bring. I have a 715 that's an easy fix and an M-35 that will take some doing but might be the better choice. Whatever I bring will likely be pretty rough.
Do like Barrman and bring both. These are old military trucks, they're supposed to be rough.

Barrman

Lincoln, you haven't met Pistolnut yet. His M35A2 we recovered from the other side of SA in 2005. The several dozen layers of paint on the truck left a lead lined cloud in the air as they flaked off the first 100 miles or so. The truck runs great, but still needs some things. The M715 was in my class until recently getting a 350 SBC and 3052A transmission installed. It still needs testing to be trail ready.

Clint, bring the XM-50 and one of the Jeep vehicles. You won't need more and there will be spare MV seats to sit in if you want.

I went flying yesterday and got a good look at the park. They are installing huge steel power poles along the North fence line until about half way back. Then the lines go South West across the trails. Should not be a problem getting lost this time. Just follow the shiny poles back to camp.

2 weeks!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still good with the Houston meet up at Buc-ee's. That is going to be an early morning for me, but I don't want to miss the helicopters either.

Buc-ee's
27106 Northwest Freeway
(Hwy 290 at Mueschke Road)
Cypress, TX 77433

north side of 290, just after Mueschke
Buc-ee's. A good name so kids can whine,
"We want to stop at Buc-EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!"
I like the place, lots of goodies and food. The name was a stroke of genius.

I'll be there, via pickup. The 5T is not licensed or ready.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most up to date list I have of members attending:

nofearnohope - M35A2 w/0w

Dr_Kaiser
niferous
fuzzytoaster - Jeep Liberty
OL AG '89 - M1009
runk - M35A2 w/w
David_4x4 - M151A1
two.fiveM35 - M35A2, M105A2
Barrman - M35A2, M715, M1009
wehring - big, green and smelly
M813rc
txdodge43man
jschaaf - M35A2
bambambam22
reloader64 - M35A2
Maverick1701 - M35A2 w/w
OPCOM
Mudstone
blacktop_one
pistolnut - M715
Aggie94 - M151A2
CanonNinja
CanalZoneJon
sti-nkr
CyrusX4
7Dust

Add my friend Jack Slaughter who I conned into this as well.

Because my truck is not ready, I will bring the ATV, maybe map the place out with GPS and then later on create a proper map. There is never one.. check these out:
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/MAP/LAKE_MURRAY/INDEX.HTML
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/MAP/RED_RIVER/INDEX.HTML
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/MAP/ROCKY_RIDGE/INDEX.HTML
should I do it?

I'll also bring a camera and take lots of pictures and videos.

The ATV has a PRC-77 with an amplified speaker. beats holding that handset to yer head all the time.
what radios might people use? FRS/GMRS seem popular. military? CB?
Anyway, I understand if radio isn't a big thing, since cells work well there that's great. I appreciate all the organization that has gone into this.

What needs brought along for the BBQ plan, such as food etc?

If there is power I have some long extension cords, a small power control center, and a few flourescent clamp-on lamps that would help make just enough light to avoid obstacles, no sense tripping over a log in the dark on the way to the outhouse. I plan to bring one of those 10x10 canopy things. I'd like to have a light to read by late at night.

Will there be any night trail driving for the MVs or is that against the rules?

two.fiveM35

Can we get a head count of who wants to convoy up 290 and meet at Bucee's at 290 and Mueschke in Cypress. 7:30 still good?

Alan thanks for letting me borrow the pintel. Can you bring it with you?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks