SEE/FLU419 accessories

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Speedwoble,

It's been a while on this thread, just curious how you're coming with all of your accessory projects? Because I'll keep buy what you're cranking out!

Just take my money already,
SJ/JD

kminer

Please add me to the waiting list, as well.
Eyes fixated on the:

-Cab Gasket
-Stainless steel hose for the cross-over air line from the regulator to the air tank

Speedwoble

No update in a while. I printed some cab gaskets and sent them to a member to try. I'm now with some extra time on my hands due to Covid, so I thought I would get back to this. However currently I am locked out of access to the 3D printer that makes them, so I can't print my own to try!
I do have a spare stainless airline, so I will try installing the air line on my own truck to verify fitment. Then i can get more of those made.

I welded up the jig to speed up the process of making cab tilt brackets and I cranked out a large batch. I also made 8 pairs for the 406/416 unimogs. All of these are currently at the powdercoater to get coated.

Lastly I borrowed a 3D scanner and will be scanning some parts. Backhoe bucket and Ripper shank done. Next I will scan the loader bucket and try to come up with a model for the quicktach that may be a little cheaper and require less individual fab work. I plan to scan the front end of the mog for designing my 18K lb winch mount that will fit with the loader. I plan to scan the Loader attachment at the front of the frame and the backhoe attachment at the rear for future attachment design. Anything else I should scan while I have a moment? I was thinking about the Engine and engine cover so I could see how tight it is for a future turbo install. However, based on how slowly I get to these things, that may be a few decades.

Attachments

Last edited:

Speedwoble

Today I 3D printed a bracket to go on the light switch to give me space for 3 switches for auxiliary lights. I currently have 2 rotating beacons and 2 floodlights. I need to study the wiring diagram to figure out where to pull power from, either tapped off the regular light switch, or a relay off of the circuit panel. These lights are both LED’s, so relatively low current, but I still need to measure it.

Then made a revised bracket for the low air horn/power port/USB charger with a hole for a mini switch. This way I can shut off the horn if I don’t need it, and hopefully remember to turn it back on.

Attachments

Pinsandpitons

No update in a while. I printed some cab gaskets and sent them to a member to try. I'm now with some extra time on my hands due to Covid, so I thought I would get back to this. However currently I am locked out of access to the 3D printer that makes them, so I can't print my own to try!
I do have a spare stainless airline, so I will try installing the air line on my own truck to verify fitment. Then i can get more of those made.

I welded up the jig to speed up the process of making cab tilt brackets and I cranked out a large batch. I also made 8 pairs for the 406/416 unimogs. All of these are currently at the powdercoater to get coated.

Lastly I borrowed a 3D scanner and will be scanning some parts. Backhoe bucket and Ripper shank done. Next I will scan the loader bucket and try to come up with a model for the quicktach that may be a little cheaper and require less individual fab work. I plan to scan the front end of the mog for designing my 18K lb winch mount that will fit with the loader. I plan to scan the Loader attachment at the front of the frame and the backhoe attachment at the rear for future attachment design. Anything else I should scan while I have a moment? I was thinking about the Engine and engine cover so I could see how tight it is for a future turbo install. However, based on how slowly I get to these things, that may be a few decades.
That’s awesome sauce! I’ve always wanted to play with one of those scanners. +1 million for the quick-tach. Pull the trigger on that one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks