• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

greenjeepster

Did anyone notice the larg number of trucks setting in the back ground of some of the newer listings / pictures on GL ? When will the flood gates open LOL
Just because they are in the pictures does not mean they are GL trucks. GL sites are on DRMS lots so often the trucks are still in the hands of DMRS and may get sold prior to ever hitting GL.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a note to the people posting upcomming auction info. It is against the site rules to post about vehicles in upcomming or ongoing auctions.

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• No frivolous auction posting. This means don’t post GL/GSA auction information and photos that could be easily found with a quick search online. Very unusual or interesting items may be shared in the appropriate forums.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• No collusion as specified above.

WyoDeuce

I think the spedo story is a bunch of crap. My deuce is on the list but it has been certified to contain no radioactive material. the sticker is right on the windshield.
I received this e-mail AFTER I had allready picked up my truck. They are clueless.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

No additional information is currently available for the vehicles in question. However, we anticipate an update shortly and will notify you accordingly via e-mail.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Management"

stumps

I think the spedo story is a bunch of crap. My deuce is on the list but it has been certified to contain no radioactive material. the sticker is right on the windshield.
Of course, there must be a reason they scanned, and then certified your deuce as having no radioactive material.

Perhaps they know that some radioactive instruments were installed in deuces that were at a certain depot, but they don't know which ones?

-Chuck

earljohn

Gauges are the problem

Hi all, my first post.

The gauges are the problem. Radium-226 was used on the faces and pointers on some of the older gauges. It was also used on older luminous dial watches.

The gov't is working on a fix.

An easy way to tell if your gauges or watches contain a radium emitter, is to place it in a closed container out of the sun for a day or two. If it still glows in the dark, it contains Ra226. Also, a radiac meter will work, but most of us don't have access to one.

Go Army!

820jeep

Just a note to the people posting upcomming auction info. It is against the site rules to post about vehicles in upcomming or ongoing auctions.
I am sorry. I will not ref. auctions again. :oops:
I was under the impression that it met the guidelines
Very unusual or interesting items may be shared in the appropriate forums.
as we are trying to determine if the speedos are the problem or not. Again i am sorry and will not do this again.:oops:

JL628

I just got word from Govliquidation that both my EUC's were cleared today and I now have a paid in full invoice but my trucks are on the hold list. No word about when it will be resolved. Any ideas how long it will take to release the trucks on hold?

govt

My truck is on the list. My EUC came through after the Hold. Went and picked it up yesterday. No questions asked.

Heavysteven

Marcus is allowing pickups at Frankfort with paid in full invoices still. Another fellow there Jay kept on asking me if I had my paid in full invoice. I got the impression they want these trucks off the base ASAP. I know the MPs want them gone....

nhdiesel

I was under the impression that as long as you have the invoice, you can pick up your truck. Keep in mind the 14-day limit...I was told that still applies.

Jim

JL628

I did get my paid in full invoice a couple of days ago. I called the govliquidation office in San Antonio where one of my trucks is. They said to me, "Bring your paid in full invoice and come get your truck" I asked about the "Hold" they said "we have an open door policy, just bring your paid invoice and come get your truck". I also have 2 trucks in Frankfort, KY. I tried calling that office but just got and answering machine and they have not returned my call yet.

greenjeepster

Put them on freight quote and let the companies compete for the haul. U-ship also works. It would be much cheaper to pick them up yourself though. I could possibly find an extra driver and drive them down for a reasonable amount of money, but it would probably be a few weeks before I could do it.

nhdiesel

I'm unemployed right now and would volunteer to drive one if all expenses were covered. I don't need to make money...I'd do it for the trip.

Jim

JL628

Put them on freight quote and let the companies compete for the haul. U-ship also works. It would be much cheaper to pick them up yourself though. I could possibly find an extra driver and drive them down for a reasonable amount of money, but it would probably be a few weeks before I could do it.

Time isn't really a problem for me except for the time limit to remove them from the govliquidation yard. I think I could find the time to move them if I could store one there for a while. Move one and come back for the other one a a few weeks. Another thing I've been wondering, what is the cost to drive them VS have them hauled? People are telling me they get 7.5 miles to the gallon. Its a 1100 mile trip. If Diesel is $4 a gallon, thats over 1100 just for fuel on the return for 2 trucks. Then there is the cost to get myself there as well as facing the potential for breakdowns while coming home.

Not sure how I'm going to do this yet. Right now, I'm just trying to weigh all my options.