• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

greenjeepster

Time isn't really a problem for me except for the time limit to remove them from the govliquidation yard. I think I could find the time to move them if I could store one there for a while. Move one and come back for the other one a a few weeks. Another thing I've been wondering, what is the cost to drive them VS have them hauled? People are telling me they get 7.5 miles to the gallon. Its a 1100 mile trip. If Diesel is $4 a gallon, thats over 1100 just for fuel on the return for 2 trucks. Then there is the cost to get myself there as well as facing the potential for breakdowns while coming home.

Not sure how I'm going to do this yet. Right now, I'm just trying to weigh all my options.
I will give you what you paid for them and you can leave them here LOL.

I am doing a recovery for another member at Frankfort on the 24th. I can get yours at the same time if you needed. I would need your invoice and the releases on the back signed in my name as well as an insurance card.
They can sit at my place for a while. I have room until my EUCs clear;-)

nhdiesel

I got close to 10mpg on my way home. I think the worse tank was just under 9mpg, mostly uphill driving. It cost me just over $300 to drive 1100 miles, not counting tolls. If everything goes well, driving would be cheap. If something goes wrong, it could get expensive quick. I won't try to talk you into one option over the other, its all a matter of what you can afford, and whether you mind taking risks. As greenjeepster said, having them hauled will most likely be at least $1.50/mile per truck.

If driving, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a tow bar along. Still 2 options- drive both trucks and keep the tow bar for emergencies, or drive one and tow the other, which should cut down on fuel costs quite a bit. You'll have to check with someone who's done it, but I bet on flat ground a Deuce will still get at least 7-8mpg towing another. Towing would also free up a second driver so they can switch off.

In a pinch, there are a few guys on here who live very close to Frankfort, one of them may have room to store the trucks for a short time until you get the logistics worked out. I have friends in Louisville, but none who really have room for extra trucks.

Jim

WyoDeuce

My neighbor has deuces shipped to him often and says if you get someone who has moved them before and they have the right trailer then 2 fit on 1 load. The price per mile shouldn't change much. The shipping cost for each deuce is then cut in half.
I drove mine home but it was only 350 miles. Good luck.:-D

DeuceNewbie

for those of you still waiting i just thought it may help to know that my truck was on the list but i received the okay...was told my truck was inspected and turned out fine...and was able to pick up my truck today!!!!!! also a side note when i picked it up written in chalk on the hood were the words "RAD OK".....(radiation ok?)

Heavysteven

for those of you still waiting i just thought it may help to know that my truck was on the list but i received the okay...was told my truck was inspected and turned out fine...and was able to pick up my truck today!!!!!! also a side note when i picked it up written in chalk on the hood were the words "RAD OK".....(radiation ok?)
What Location?

DeuceNewbie

Thanks yall! im not sure how to tell what speedo any ideas? id be glad to help any way i can.... it was from fort sill...they have probably 20 more deuces waiting for this mess to clear up to be auctioned off!

i dont want to rub it in for all of those still waiting but hang in there! this truck was MOST definately worth the wait! oh and the people at fort sill were extremely helpful, i was very impressed!

WyoDeuce

DeuceNewbie- Did you file an sf97 yet? My truck is on the list but I have allready picked up. I hope they won't take forever to get us titles. Congrats on the new toy. Good to hear some positive news on the hold disaster.

wsucougarx

RADIUM okay (no radioactive guages)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I think about 20 pages ago (estimate) the issue was brought up about the radioactive guages.

I'm not usually a tin hat type but this one smells. The radiation check was/is a part of the normal turn in inspection.

So we just went through how many weeks without trucks due to this? And what prices will trucks go up to once they start selling again. Good think I already have a deuce but it's sure going to be ugly for a few sales for you newbs. Of course you could always pay that guy up in WI or MI or wherever he was from that had them for 7500 at the cheapest (oh that was a cheap shot-LOL).

JL628

I have 3 trucks "On hold" One is in San Antonio and 2 are in Frankfort. I got my paid in full invoices about a week ago. I called both sites and was told that if I had received my paid in full invoice, I could come and get my truck. Not only did they say I could get them, they also said the sooner I could get them the better. I have an appointment next week to get my 2 trucks in Frankfort. But, I also sent an email to GL requesting clarification and the response I got indicated I would have to wait until the hold was lifted. I am planning to be there next week and take my trucks off GL property if they will let me.

My truck has been released!!!!

Just got the approved EUC, just have to schedule a pickup time. Of course now it's the weekend, so I'll have to wait until Monday to contact them. 64 days and the wait is over.

Buckeye2000

Approved EUC and paid in full invoice today (68 days). I left a voicemail for the site today to see about scheduling a pick up (GL customer service didn't know if the hold had been released :roll:)

mckeeranger

Approved EUC and paid in full invoice today (68 days). I left a voicemail for the site today to see about scheduling a pick up (GL customer service didn't know if the hold had been released :roll:)
Congrats!

The way everyone else has treated the hold is; If you have the EUC and invoice, you pick up your truck. I don't think anyone else has had a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks