• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

croftonaviation

Yeah mine was sold with gauges.

If they rape my truck, I'm getting a lawyer.
I'll bet you don't have to. It seems to me that there is a snow balls chance in H#$^ that this will be resolved before 60 days goes by. Not to say that GL won't sit on your money as long as they can. But in the end I bet GL will be sending out a lot of checks. Then I can go find one locally. Good luck to everyone, I think were going to need it.

yolner

Well they don't actually say that they are going to automatically cancel at 60 days. What they say is that they reserve the right to do so.

nhdiesel

I just got off the phone with GL. They could tell me absolutely NOTHING....shocker there. The government put the hold on the trucks. They weren't able to give me any idea how long this will take, or what will happen if they find anything wrong with the trucks. Of course when I mentioned the financial investment I already have into these trucks, I got the answer I knew was coming...there can be no reimbursement. He also said that most likey, if something is found with the trucks, there will be a refund for the truck, and the sale cancelled.

So GL knows just about what we do...trucks are on hold, and they know nothing.

Jim

Chief_919

So does anyone know which gauges have radiation in them?
There was a period in the 50's and 60's when all the guages did- so an old original might have some, if they were replaced maybe not. A 1986 AF truck might have some if somebody swapped used parts in- it is a crapshoot.

velociT

Both of mine are on the list from frankfort they rolled out the gate on a lowboy at about lunch time this afternoon hows that for getting them out just under the wire.
Man I'm jealous.

I went from thinking my EUC is going to clear next week to now assuming if my sale isn't cancelled due to time, my truck will be raped and I won't want it anyway.

It's a shame profanity is not allowed because I think my current attitude is not properly being conveyed.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure putting this memo out on friday after they are closed was planned.

GL offices are in Scottsdale, AZ.
It's only 3:28 there as I type this!

They are only doing this because DRMS instructed them to. They have to comply.

Last edited:

nhdiesel

Both of mine are on the list from frankfort they rolled out the gate on a lowboy at about lunch time this afternoon hows that for getting them out just under the wire.

Dude you suck....lol. O.K., I'm just jealous of your luck! Funny thing is, after the long wait for my invoice and the ever-changing Terms & Conditions, I scheduled the recovery for my N.J. truck for first thing Monday morning, thinking there might be the slightest chance something could change, and I want my trucks out ASAP. I had the right thought, just wasn't quick enough.

Jim

yolner

Dude you suck....lol. O.K., I'm just jealous of your luck! Funny thing is, after the long wait for my invoice and the ever-changing Terms & Conditions, I scheduled the recovery for my N.J. truck for first thing Monday morning, thinking there might be the slightest chance something could change, and I want my trucks out ASAP. I had the right thought, just wasn't quick enough.

Jim
You could still give it a shot. Maybe they won't get the memo in time to stop you...

nhdiesel

There was a period in the 50's and 60's when all the guages did- so an old original might have some, if they were replaced maybe not. A 1986 AF truck might have some if somebody swapped used parts in- it is a crapshoot.
Thanks for giving me this warm, fuzzy feeling...oh wait, thats an urge to puke. The better of my 2 trucks actually has the old style gauge cluster, someone said it looked like the old gassers. No tach in the main cluster, the tach is under the dash.

17367467.jpg

Jim

DeuceNewbie

well i guess i can join the pissed off club...i waited 52 days from battle creek and was approved yesterday....set up to pick up on mon 10 am and paid for my temp to get her home yata yata yata......this is pathetic...with the speed i have seen over the past few months were all doomed:evil:

nhdiesel

You could still give it a shot. Maybe they won't get the memo in time to stop you...
Its over 400 miles away. Thats a long way, to take a chance. Plus that truck is the one I really don't care if I lose. The one in Kentucky is the one I've been drooling over.

Jim

todds112

Seems like any tritium in gages made in the 50's or 60's would be "dead" by now. I think tritium has a half life of 15 years or something like that. Heck all of my hand guns have tritium night sights on them. What's the big deal?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks