• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just a tidbit,

When I picked up a truck (M35A2) at Fort Riley a little over a year ago, ALL the gauges had been removed in my truck, and all the nearby trucks had the gauges removed as well. They did leave the plate the gauges install in though. . .

falcody

Banned
I hope GL chokes on my 109. I guess that I'll get a refund instead of the truck I bought, unless the refund check has a radium signature on it. Face it boys, our money could be tied up for a long time, and guess who is gathering interest on it.

When I was in the service I got screwed over several times, but this really takes the friggin cake!

velociT

I remember that sale I thought it strange the gauge panels were removed but it still does not answer the question why only deuces are not the gauges in the 809 series trucks the same?
Sure seems like it could be a covert way of making auctions expire and pulling back even more deuces.

I hope I'm wrong.

dk8019

Funny thing, my M35A2 from Frankfort is on the list as well, standard A2, WO/W. Funniest thing about it is that it's sitting in my drive way right now, I've had it now for a month or so nearly. In fact I just finished pressure washing it and touching up some paint, and it's going to be part of our Halloween setup in front of the house.

Wife suggests that I should tell them it was lost in a boating accident. I had to tell her the Fed doesn't look kindly on that kind of thing. :-D

falcody

Banned
Is there a lawyer on here that can file a class action suit? I have been wronged, you have been wronged, and all we are doing about it is bending over?? This is the last straw for me. GL needs to be sued for monopolizing the market on surplus. Think about this for a damn second. If we need, or choose to buy surplus from the govt, then why the hell is there only one place with decent stuff to bid on? Why do we have to pay a fee on top of what we bid for something we (as tax payers) have already friggin payed for? Why the hell is an SF97 sixty effing dollars?.... Fellas, I am ready to kick someone in the teeth over this. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

Divemaster920

Banned
I prayed that this wrath would come upon all of you that outbid me.
It's my fault and I admit it.
So There.:twisted:
Not really but I do see 2 that I was out bid on.
Curtis

Sevensteps

This is exactly why I ignored all of the folks on here that said "It'll all be fine just like it always has".

I sent a personal letter to my US Congressman's house a week ago explaining this. Maybe it will get my truck released quickly, maybe not...

I have learned to not swim with the pack, but instead step right to the head of the pack when need be...

I suggest this entire forum does the same thing.

JCKnife

One thing for sure, if they decide to keep my truck, I'm sure as hell not taking the ammo trailer I won from the same event! I own nothing to pull it with!

nhdiesel

Any who, exactly, would we sue? GL for their frequent screwups on paperwork, and long waits before the EUC goes to Battle Creek? The Govt. for the very long waits at Battle Creek, cancellations for no reason, requiring EUCs for many items that shouldn't need them, and now this mess? Or the govt. officials above the military, who put these requirements and processes in place?

There are mulitple levels of inefficiency at work, and when combined, the inefficiency rises exponentially.

Jim

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I can understand them pulling the trucks. They have every right to. It's all in the "Terms and conditions". What is really bad though is they are holding people's money while they figure this out. I think is was a bad deal when GL stopped making you pay for the truck AFTER the EUC cleared.

There have been numerous post on here about people thinking they had rather buy from GL than a private party. That's fine but you better read the GL "terms and conditions" really good before making your decision ;-).

With all that being said, If I had a truck on the list I'd be mad too but I don't think you'd win any legal action on anything other than them holding your money for a indefinite period of time.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just a tidbit,

When I picked up a truck (M35A2) at Fort Riley a little over a year ago, ALL the gauges had been removed in my truck, and all the nearby trucks had the gauges removed as well. They did leave the plate the gauges install in though. . .
I remember that sale I thought it strange the gauge panels were removed but it still does not answer the question why only deuces are not the gauges in the 809 series trucks the same?

There was also this sticker on the dash:

Attachments

Reactions: DUG

falcody

Banned
Any who, exactly, would we sue? GL for their frequent screwups on paperwork, and long waits before the EUC goes to Battle Creek? The Govt. for the very long waits at Battle Creek, cancellations for no reason, requiring EUCs for many items that shouldn't need them, and now this mess? Or the govt. officials above the military, who put these requirements and processes in place?

There are mulitple levels of inefficiency at work, and when combined, the inefficiency rises exponentially.

Jim
Well doesn't this just take the cake? You are asking me who to be piassed at? You just spelled out all the reasons that I have had enough of this crap. WHO IS ACCOUNTABLE? Guess what? No one is accountable.... You know why? IT'S BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T HELD THEM ACCOUNTABLE!

WyoDeuce

My deuce is on the list. Sitting at Elsworth AFB in SD. Waited 50 days for my E.U.C. and got it yesterday. I called today with my paid in full invoice to pick up and found out that the G.L. rep only works tues. and wed. This company is a joke. Now I have to deal with this new mess.
Were all the vehicles on the list deuces?:evil::evil:

nhdiesel

Well doesn't this just take the cake? You are asking me who to be piassed at? You just spelled out all the reasons that I have had enough of this crap. WHO IS ACCOUNTABLE? Guess what? No one is accountable.... You know why? IT'S BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T HELD THEM ACCOUNTABLE!

Hey, I'm agreeing 100%. Just saying that its no one branch thats at fault.

m16ty said:
Well I can understand them pulling the trucks. They have every right to. It's all in the "Terms and conditions". What is really bad though is they are holding people's money while they figure this out. I think is was a bad deal when GL stopped making you pay for the truck AFTER the EUC cleared.
I can understand it if they pulled this before giving us our Invoices, but AFTER? They didn't have a clue about this 2 days ago, before clearing me? (and the others who are in the same position). Hell, they didn't have a clue months ago, BEFORE auctioning these trucks?

I'm sure the next step will be letters being sent out to everyone who has ever won a Deuce through GL, and at best, they will have to bring them to a base for inspection. At worse, they just get told they need to turn in their trucks.

I think if I ever manage to get my trucks home, and I decide to actually keep one, it will end up "laundered" so it can't be traced. By 100% legal means, mind you...I won't break any laws. But whos to say the trucks don't get sold, maybe sold again, and I end up buying one back at some point? By GL's policies, I just have to keep track of who I sold it to. That person doesn't have to keep a record of anything.

Jim

falcody

Banned
It really doesnt matter what you, me or anybody else thinks about this matter like it or not we all signed a contract acknowledging the fact if they recall anything sold to us they have the right to do it and they have it in writing and we will have to relinquish said items.Im not defending them just stating the facts in black and white I too have trucks on the list but have neither the time or funds to fight the government for a barn full of fourty year old trucks no matter how much I enjoy them this time its not GL for once that is wronging us its the US govt..
Alright smart guy, What if they came after the truck in your avatar? The GL would be the ones refunding your monies minus what you have in the truck of course. That would put you several $$ in the hole, would it not? Would they refund the interest that they made off of you while you were waiting for your equipment when you bought it? Would they refund the interest they accrued from Uncle Sam while this whole debacle is taking place? What if the Govt did take your vehicle back, would GL repay Uncle for all the fees that they charged to sell this stuff plus interest? No, they would go bankrupt and we as taxpayers would have to not only pay for all their losses, but would have to pay to set them back up in business.

DeuceNewbie

i dont understand how "laundering" a truck so that it can not be traced is legal by any means.

I also imagine that those who take ownership will be held accountable for who they sell it to no matter if they were the original purchaser or not.

i am as mad as anyone but i am also aware that any talk of fraud could lead this nice hobby to the grave for everyone if we are not careful.

we all unfortunately agree to the terms and hope to make the best of them....i

bassetdeuce

Why the hell is an SF97 sixty effing dollars?.... Fellas, I am ready to kick someone in the teeth over this. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!
I had a chuckle over that one, because a while back when I complained about that here, some long standing members jumped on me for it. They were saying things like, "you should be glad they are willing to do the SF97s for $60", or "they are doing you a favor, its well worth $60", "you should cut them a check for the times they didn't charge you.." , yada yada... :roll:

A3superdeuce

I just got my notice as well and my trucks have been home for over 2 weeks. GL is calling me back but I'm supposed to put all work on them on hold W.T.F.? I guess I should be used to this kind of crap as I put up with it for 20 yrs anyway.
Got a couple of pics of my trucks in between rain showers

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks