• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

greenjeepster

You guys that keep letting the GL people know about the hold are screwing it up for the rest of us.

Thanks.

Here's a novel concept, ACT NATURAL.
If your EUC is not approved yet it doesn't matter because they have stopped processing them, you are in the same boat I am, but if you have the EUC pickup should not be an issue.

I spoke with Jacatia (sp?) in Arizona today and she said the information they had is that if the EUC is clear, the truck can be picked up, if not it is on hold.

JCKnife

If your EUC is not approved yet it doesn't matter because they have stopped processing them, you are in the same boat I am, but if you have the EUC pickup should not be an issue.
I'm confused. If you're EUC has not cleared yet, how did you schedule a pickup?

govt

Due to the fact that I am into about 35 days of the 60 on my EUC approval for the M109a I won....I started reading about the radium issue that some think is the problem. The stuff seems to be in a ton of products from the 50's & 60's. I just can't figure out why this is an issue now? It's been around forever.

Check out the 'Radioluminescent Gauge Dial' in the following link.

Radioluminescent Items

It gives you an idea of probably one style of many gauges radium was placed on.

nhdiesel

You guys that keep letting the GL people know about the hold are screwing it up for the rest of us.

Thanks.

Here's a novel concept, ACT NATURAL.
I was dealing with 2 different locations. For N.J., I only told them about it because I got a call asking why I wasn't there at 9am to pick my truck up. If I knew they would have released it, I would have been there, and kept my mouth shut. But I wasn't driving 450 miles for the slim chance that they didn't know anything.

For my other truck, when they called and told me they have the invoice, and I could pick my truck up any time, I figured hey, if they are calling me, then it must be fine...and we got that recovery scheduled. I'll follow the rules, but I won't volunteer info if I don't have to. Its their job to inform their employees.

But as of now I guess I have complete permission to pick up both of my trucks...woo hoo!!!!

Jim

dk8019

Does anyone know how the train wreck in the above picture occurred? I've seen it a hundred times, and always wondered. Best of luck everyone with your trucks. I'm wondering when mine in my driveway will get inspected!

greenjeepster

Can anyone tell me more about the 60 day window?
They give you 60 days from the time they submit the EUC to battle creek; if they do not receive an approval within 60 days they cancel the sale and refund your money. Usually it comes with a nice letter telling you not to bid on any Q or B items again.

I'm confused. If you're EUC has not cleared yet, how did you schedule a pickup?
I scheduled to pick up a truck belonging to another buyer.

nhdiesel

Thanks, Sorry for all the FNG questions.
EUC time periods seem to have no consistency. I've seen 1st time buyers, myself included for my first sale, get the Paid In Full back in less than 30 days. On the other hand, for my auctions #5 & #6 (the two Deuces I need to pick up right now) I've been waiting officially 28 & 38 days before my invoice came back. In reality, it was over 2 months for one, and a month and a half for the other, from the actual auction date.

Good luck, some of us are just squeeking through this current fiasco unscathed, but there are many still waiting. My fingers are crossed for your trucks, and I sure wish everyone could be picking theirs up. Hopefully its just a very short term hold and things will go back as they were.

One thing I can say, although I've had my issues with GL in the past, at least it wasn't their fault this time, and the GL employees I've talked to through this one have been very nice and as helpful as they could possibly be.

Now to go back to scrambling to get together my tools, spare parts, and other items for my flight to Kentucky tomorrow!!!

(I've only had a month and a half since winning this truck...you'd thing I would have everything packed & ready to go!!!)

Jim

comanderfritz

Does anyone know how the train wreck in the above picture occurred? I've seen it a hundred times, and always wondered. Best of luck everyone with your trucks. I'm wondering when mine in my driveway will get inspected!
i want to say Paris in the 1870s...

who else but the french...

Last edited:

WyoDeuce

I have a paid in full invoice in hand. The G.L. rep only works tues. and wed. so I am calling tommorow to schedule pickup. If he says ok then I am calling in sick and driving all night for a wed pickup. I will keep everyone posted. Wish me luck.

P.S. -The story I heard on the train pic. is that it is a train station on a hill. The front of the building is 2 story but the back is 1 story. The train came in too fast and drove off the end of the track.

mckeeranger

Now to go back to scrambling to get together my tools, spare parts, and other items for my flight to Kentucky tomorrow!!!

(I've only had a month and a half since winning this truck...you'd thing I would have everything packed & ready to go!!!)

Jim
You are flying into Kentucky with all that?

Do you need picked up and a ride anywhere?

nhdiesel

My "tool suitcase" weighs 48 lbs. according to the shipping scales I use...Southwest allows 50 lbs. Worse case, I might have to swap the jeans I used as "wadding"...lol...to the other bag. Then I have an alice pack for my main checked bag with clothes and filters & belts in it, and the carry-on backpack with electronics (GPS, MP3, headphones, power cords for everything, etc.) and a change of clothes...just in case the clothing bag gets lost.

I have friends around Louisville, but it won't hurt to have another contact, I'll check my messages in the AM before leaving for the airport.

Thanks to those who have and will be helping, and good luck getting this stuff straightened out for those still waiting! I'll report any news when I get home.

1100 miles in a Deuce...anyone know of a good chiropractor along I-71 or I-90???

Jim