• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

greenjeepster

Dumb question but those of us who already have a paid in full invoice should not have to worry about our trucks being recalled for FMS right?
Anything is possible but, DRMS explores all options for each truck prior to releasing them to GL for public sale.

NHDiesel's truck had a load card in the glove box that was dated 2005. It is very possible that that was the last service that truck saw and it sat with DRMS for 4 years before being released for public sale. During that time period it would have been offered to municipalities, fire departments, airports, state government and FMS. If nobody wants it after a while it goes to GL. So there is really no reason for trucks released to GL to be recalled for FMS.

jackalay23

I picked my truck up from Knox a couple weeks ago. I talked to the guy who was manning the DRMO office (right next to GL). He told me that my truck was slated to ship to Bolivia but, since some type of trade embargo was just placed on Bolivia my truck was transferred over to the GL for auction. Has anybody discussed or considered whether or not all the SF97's for the held trucks will be on hold as well? Anybody know why the thousands and thousands of Deuces the GL has sold up to now would be any less radioactive than the ones on the hold list??

stumps

I picked my truck up from Knox a couple weeks ago. I talked to the guy who was manning the DRMO office (right next to GL). He told me that my truck was slated to ship to Bolivia but, since some type of trade embargo was just placed on Bolivia my truck was transferred over to the GL for auction. Has anybody discussed or considered whether or not all the SF97's for the held trucks will be on hold as well? Anybody know why the thousands and thousands of Deuces the GL has sold up to now would be any less radioactive than the ones on the hold list??
As some anecdotal evidence, my '69 Kaiser/Jeep M35A2 has no radioactive instruments at all. I have a feeling that is true for most M35A2's.

To my mind radioactive instruments don't make a lot of sense in a deuce. It isn't a vehicle that operates really well in the stealth environment of silence and total darkness that are the radium dial's forte.

Unlike a watch, clock, compass, or radio, you don't just sit in the dark and stare at the instruments of a deuce while it is turned off and waiting for action. While it is running, you have some nice night vision safe red dial illumination.

There could be some advantage in having a radium lit start button, engine stop knob, and radium lit accessory switches. They don't happen to be on my deuce, but maybe it was fashionable on some deuces?

-Chuck

820jeep

Congrats WyoDeuce :-D.
The truck has a sticker that says no radioactive material is present but the sticker has been on the truck for a while. (faded in sun) I don't know why the truck would need inspection again. Mabey they aren't telling us everything. (or anything at all)
Could you tell me where the sticker was on the truck? I am looking at the GL photos of my truck. Could you also post a close up photo of the Speedo and Tac? Thanks for the help.

Buckeye2000

I just talked to Brandon with GL in Columbus (DSCC) about 20 minutes ago. He didn't have any specifics about the hold but did say that the gauges were "one of the things" that contributed to the present hold. I wasn't able to get any additional info. He also told me to call GL customer service to find out if the 60 day window for EUC approval is on hold.

greenjeepster

Well considering that EUCs are still being processed and trucks still being picked up I think the best thing for all of us to do is to sit back and let things roll. I am going to go on acting as if I did not even get that email from GL. When my EUC comes in I will schedule my pickup and go get my trucks.

It appears that the hold is only applying to unsold trucks.

exbrown

I also received my EUCs and "Paid in Fulls" on a Deuce and 2 MKTs today!

I will have to see how the pick up of the Deuce goes this coming week.

sandcobra164

For what it's worth, I won on a truck in 4737, Lot 6362 in Ozark, AL. I previewed the 3 they had there. The other two trucks 6361 and 6363 had newer style speedometers and they are not on hold. 6361 was a winch truck and 6363 was an A2C. Mines a plain M35A2 but for a total of $1045, I suppose I will wait it out. GL agreed to let me put new batteries in it and check to see if it's roadworthy. Of course, from lurking around here while registration became enabled again, I'll be taking my batteries with me when I leave and wait for my EUC.

sandcobra164

I won 4737 6362 out of Ozark, AL. 6361 A2 W/W and 6363 A2C WO/W are not on the hold list and have newer style speedometers. Mine has the older style speedo showing 29,900 miles and 1213 hours on the tach. My best guess is the older speedometers are to blame. I hope this all blows over and I get a deuce for $1045 plus the hope that new batteries, fuel filters and a lot of luck will get it 120 miles away from Ft. Rucker and into my yard.

By the Way, who on here ran the bid up with me for $200 more? If you had bid 1 more time, it would be your truck!!! Of course, now you don't have to worry about this hold business at this point as I do.

WyoDeuce

Congrats WyoDeuce :-D.
Could you tell me where the sticker was on the truck? I am looking at the GL photos of my truck. Could you also post a close up photo of the Speedo and Tac? Thanks for the help.
The sticker is on the windshield above steering wheel next to the red rectangle sticker that says DEMIL EUC REQUIRED. It is white and about the size of a business card. Too dark for pics right now but I will post the sticker and guages soon.:grin:

Buckeye2000

Here is the transcript of a live chat I had with GL customer service about 15 minutes ago (with a few editorial comments):
Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Heidi'
Heidi: Welcome to our live chat service! How may I assist you?
Jeff : I had a question about a "hold" that has been placed on a lot that I won on 10/2.
Heidi: What Event and lot are you referring to, please?
Jeff : Event 4721, Lot 5551
Heidi: Thank you. One moment, please. (actually 7 minutes)

Heidi: Yes, that is one of the holds we have listed. (I knew that last Friday)

Heidi: What is your question?
Jeff : I was curious about the reason for the hold, and I also wondered if the 60 day window for EUC approval is on hold as well.
Heidi: What is your Customer ID or username, please?
Jeff : buckeye2000
Heidi: One moment, please. (Heidi apparently leaves for breakfast)

Heidi: I apologize for the delay.
Heidi: Yes, the EUC is still in the approval process.
Heidi: Hopefully there will be an update on the "Hold" before your EUC is approved.
Heidi: And you can pick up the property once it is approved. (feeling pretty hopeful)

Jeff : So the EUC is not on hold and I can pick up the lot once it's approved, regardless of the hold?
Heidi: No, the EUC itself is not on hold.
Heidi: It is still being reviewed and verified.
Jeff : Ok, just so I'm clear - even if the overall "hold" is still in place, I can pick up the lot once I have an approved EUC and paid in full invoice?
Heidi: If the "Hold" is still there once the EUC is approved, no. You will need to wait for the "Hold" to be lifted.
Jeff : I see, and as of now is there any additional info about the reason for the hold or possible duration?
Heidi: Unfortunately, no further information is available. However, we are hoping for an update soon.
Jeff : Ok - thanks for the clarification.
Heidi: My pleasure.
Heidi: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Jeff : If my EUC is approved and the hold is still in place, will the sale be voided because I can't pick the lot up?
Heidi: No, the sites are well aware of the "hold" as well.
Jeff : Ok, thanks.

So at least according to Heidi, the EUC's are still chugging through and the sales won't be voided for missing the 60 day approval window.........

And the wait goes on aua

Freight Dog

Greetings and Appreciation to All

After GL Event 4734, Lot 6002, a 1993, M35A3, with 5100 miles, sits at Warner Robins with my name on it. On 10/09/09, if you lived anywhere near Minnesota, you might have heard an alarmed, elevated, female voice say, "You did what?". (The initiation into this hobby must be surviving a, "High Speed Wobble", as wives find out about the, Olive Drab mistress?)
I wish my friends and relatives were more creative. To a man (or woman), the first question out of their mouth has been, "What are you going to do with it?". You guys have all heard it before!
Steel Soldiers, this is all your fault! If you did not have such a terrific web site and great group of guys, my friends and family would not be looking at me as though dementia arrived early.
My EUC went to BC, 10/22/09. I'm hoping the, "HOLD"...yes my truck is on the list...becomes nothing more than a speed bump for all of the affected guys. As I pursue this magnificent, "Swiss Army Knife" of a truck, I realize the hoops I need to jump through are numerous. Some of this IS a bit frustrating, but, I'm certain the reward will be great. For starters, I will be an absolute hero to two little Grandson's, when we hit the logging trails and go fishing next summer. Besides, where else would I obtain a $60,000. All-Terrain -Vehicle for pennies on the dollar?
Like the old preacher's prayer, "Please give me patience, Lord...and I want it now!"
Thanks to the administrators and membership in general for allowing me to be part of this group.
To, "Buckeye 2000", thanks for the recent update, regarding the "hold". Feeling convicted by the old adage, regarding fools and their money, I found it encouraging.
Since I am very new to all of this, I was not sure if my truck would have a heater. Here, in Minnesota, we have ten months of winter and two months of poor sledding. I bid on an, "Arctic Heater", ... just in case. The EUC for it went to BC, 10/22/09, also. I thought it would be a useful and fun installation.
Does anybody know if it is really necessary? (The truck has a soft-top.)

Freight Dog