• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectro locking hubs

Crazy_Matt

Hmmmm
RDS 75 Axle 11038-01
RDS 90 Axle 11162-01
Which one is it?

Looks like a phone call to corporate for some begging for a price

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better check that price! Milemarker is right by me here in FL and they won't give me the time of day. Also, neither of those numbers fit the deuce axles. They have the numbers listed on the website but the description is for a Kia Rio.

WOLF

They are marked KIA RIO but they are the same as the Rockwell hubs . I checked with the factory before I bought them on Ebay . Just installed them tonight . Will try to run them Tuesday . In any case they went right on . The packing list reads 11167 item number and 1919 RIO . They are 8 Bolt and 16 spline . I don't know how much they are at the factory outlet but I paid $400.00 and $20.00 for shipping on Ebay .

jatonka

Hi members, I'm pretty new at this, Are you saying that mile marker still offers new hubs for M35 trucks at $ 405 per set? I am able to sell 2 1/2 ton M35 hubs for about $500. JT

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Jatonka:
It was nice meeting you at Jim Thorpe and I am not sure the hubs are the same, I thought you were getting better hubs like the Overson ones only made of steel with roller bearings. http://www.ouversonengineering.com/inc/sdetail/204 If that is the case the price difference is warranted. I am still waiting for the ones you mentioned if they are now for sale will you post them in the classifieds?

BT

Are the ones you bought on ebay any of these from Milemarker:

Vehicle Model/Yr. Supreme Street Master Supreme Street Master Selectro
Chrome Stainless Chrome Stainless Chrome Stainless Chrome Stainless Classic
ROCKWELL
RDS 75 Axle 11038-01
RDS 90 Axle 11162-01
RDS 90 Axle 16 Hole 11165-01

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hubs for the RDS75 and RDS90 axled will not fit the deuce. That $405 price was probably for one of those. I doubt that you could buy the duece hubs for that. John, if you're buying the Selectros from the factory and need any help, they are only a few miles from my work. If you happen to be placing an order, I can deliver them to Aberdeen.
Kenny

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also am curious to see a mile-marker part #. The 11167 does not show up on their site. I realize the newer looking ones are mechanically "better" but I feel they stick out too far and like the look of the selectros. Someone please post if a price deal is to be had! :wink:

WOLF

The invoice to the original buyer was for 07/07/06 Mile Marker Kalama Washington 98625 . I think that when Milemarker took over Selectro someone in the new head office omitted the designation for 2 1/2 ton Rockwell hubs or missmarked them as Kia Rio units . One guy I would talk to would tell me that they no longer made the Rockwell units and the next said the 11167-01 unit was correct for the Rockwell hub . They are on my truck as we speak . I don't know how much the Kia Rio units are but someone needs to talk to the guy's in Washinton not the guy's in Florida . We can getter done guy's . Let's roll .

WOLF

Keep in mind this was an individuals auction on Ebay not a company . I just drove the truck around the house with no problemo's . I found the Kia Rio listing on some Rock Crawler site during a google search for Selectro's .

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah the ebay auction is I don't think has much to do with the reason this thread was started, but it does give hope. I am thinking from what I have found is that people are mistaking the RDS 90 Axle 11162-01 selectro hub that do go for $405 with the ones that fit the deuce.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah the ebay auction is I don't think has much to do with the reason this thread was started, but it does give hope. I am thinking from what I have found is that people are mistaking the RDS 90 Axle 11162-01 selectro hub that do go for $405 with the ones that fit the deuce.
Exactly! FWIW, the Mikemarker folks are extremely difficult to work with on a good day. I prefer the Selectros for asthetic reasons. For all who are curious, the number 11167-01 is the correct deuce hub and is listed as fitting the Kia Rio. I wished they were more of a reasonable bunch.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wolf what was the original invoice price for the one you got thru ebay? If it lists it that is.

What are the differences between the 11165-01 kit and the 11167-01? Externally they look the same in the pics anyways. It could be something simple like the bolts are a different length.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is a kia rio? I paid $565 for my selectors a coupla years back. Does anybody keep them in stock?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am not sure about this. Rio made some of the earlier Deuces in the 50s-60s I think. I also think Kia makes a copy of the Deuce in Vietnam(?) for their military. So maybe that is how the kia rio came about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks