• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sellable value for a M35A3

Hooper

I just bought a 1999 M35A3 no winch with 6200 miles and I was wondering what I should sell it for. I will keep it for a bit but want to sell it to fund a 5 ton purchase. Any idea?

RealCavDog

nopics

One of the cleanest I have seen in a while was just recently listed for $6400.00, perfect canvas and all working down to the tire system !

Made me wish I had access to the funds fast, I would have let the A2 plan wait !

Last edited:

Hooper

nopics

One of the cleanest I have seen in a while was just recently listed for $6400.00, perfect canvas and all working down to the tire system !

Made me wish I had access to the funds fast, I would have let the A2 plan wait !

That seems low, Idaho Motor pool wants 15000-185000. I would like to see 13000, but I don't know if that's realistic.

kennys@wi.rr.com

After driving on today for the first time, you couldn't pay me to take it from you. They are dropping in price like rocks. You may be able to get 6500 at best.

Jersey4x4

an A3 with no winch is going to be in the 6k range retail. with winch you might get 12k or a little more if it is close to perfect with fiberglass hood. Check eBay and other sites and see what they are actually selling for not what they are listed for.

That seems low, Idaho Motor pool wants 15000-185000. I would like to see 13000, but I don't know if that's realistic.

Westech

CPL
lol a winch is not worth 6k.... Have you seen the prices dropping on GL? you can score a almost perfect M900 for under 6K now.
I am sorry to tell you the bottom is falling out on some trucks.

And if you are willing to pay 6K for a Really nice A2 I have one ready to roll.

RealCavDog

The first page of our classified section, after searching M35A3, lists 3 seperate trucks from various members at $8000.00 for 2 and & 8500.00 for the other !

Starting to look like a new member with a dozen or so posts trying to sell a truck at full retail price to folks that know a bit better !

I do not see that North Carolina truck I mentioned, and for obvious reasons ! The very reputable member had just dropped the price to $6200.00 and would drive or deliver it for $2.00 a mile !

If anyone else saw that ad, chime in and verify this ! I know who had it, but don't feel at liberty to divulge his name !

3dAngus

Retailers are asking about 8-12. Not sure what they are getting. Unlikely individuals will get that.

IMO, If excellent without winch, anywhere between $6500-8500.

If with rust and/or leaks of any kind, probably closer to $4500-6.

Add $1000-1500 if with winch.

Either should be in excellent running condition even if the body isn't.

Potential buyers or wanna-be's will give you a low price. Sellers a high one. Take the middle road.

Over 70% of the ones on GL will have rusty hoods, and some rust around the doors and step up. I've seen several of these go for $3K-3500 in running condition. Cheaper with flats and not running, but I would avoid those due to extreme costs of recovery and maintenance which could easily double your initial investment.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
an A3 with no winch is going to be in the 6k range retail. with winch you might get 12k
Really? I don't see how a winch would double the price of the truck.

There are dealers pricing trucks for a whole lot of money. Apparently they're selling some because they are still in business but they can be had for a lot less.

3dAngus

The first page of our classified section, after searching M35A3, lists 3 seperate trucks from various members at $8000.00 for 2 and & 8500.00 for the other !

Starting to look like a new member with a dozen or so posts trying to sell a truck at full retail price to folks that know a bit better !

I do not see that North Carolina truck I mentioned, and for obvious reasons ! The very reputable member had just dropped the price to $6200.00 and would drive or deliver it for $2.00 a mile !

If anyone else saw that ad, chime in and verify this ! I know who had it, but don't feel at liberty to divulge his name !
Realcav, Bulldog Mack dropped his price from $6600 to $6400 on a turnkey M35A3. If I had not just bought mine, I probably would have gone to N.C. to check it out, and probably buy it. Not sure if he sold or not, but if he did, someone got a really fair deal. I'm sure he doesn't mind mentioning his name, as long as it is not in vain. :beer:
Seems like a real stand-up fella.

dozer1

Yeah I have been noticing the gl prices on A3s at sparta have been dropping alot. Probably saturating the area too much. I was there a couple of weeks ago and they have a butload of them lined up yet. Some are probably sold and holding for euc, but there was a bunch of em.

RealCavDog

Realcav, Bulldog Mack dropped his price from $6600 to $6400 on a turnkey M35A3. If I had not just bought mine, I probably would have gone to N.C. to check it out, and probably buy it. Not sure if he sold or not, but if he did, someone got a really fair deal. I'm sure he doesn't mind mentioning his name, as long as it is not in vain. :beer:
Seems like a real stand-up fella.

Thank You Sir ! That is exactly the one ! Man ! That truck was clean, and I do believe he dropped to 62, this week only, or was going to buy paint !

And yes, after being around awhile, I would have bought that truck sight unseen just from a verbal from him ! Character does show through !

Back at Ya' ! :beer:

goodguyzy

you cant compare G/L prices and private sales. G/L will be lower because its a crap shoot. Private will more than likely be higher because the truck is in hand. Also location will have a lot to do with it, 20% higher on the west coast, 40% in Alaska. In your area, 6-7K 2K more for winch.

flyxpl

You can ask what you want , you can sell it for whatever someone will give you for it . No winch and the buyer can look at and drive it $6000 - 6500 . The winch trucks at Sparta last week closed at around $5500 . My winch truck at Sparta last year I paid $7700. :(:(:(. I don't think I will make any money selling My A3 . Geuss I will have to keep it .