• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sellable value for a M35A3

AMX

( the a2 can be turned up and big tires make it run past an a3)

Just remember the 3116 in a a3 can be put past 350HP with oem cat parts, The 4 speed can be swapped to a 5 or 6 speed (auto or manual, your choice). So if you push the a2 as far as it can go, then compare it to a pushed as far as it can go a3, the a2 would never see the a3 in any type of speed contest. of course we all buy mv's for the speed,right?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You must not have been watching the a2's for the past few weeks $5-6k range. A2c's. These deuces at auction WILL run out.
If someone is paying that much for an A2, I've got a 68 hardtop dropside I'll sell for $5K. :beer:

BTW, if it closed for $5-6K, it doesn't mean it sold/was paid for at that price....

flyxpl

I love both the A2 and A3 . I have both , if I could only have 1 it would be the A2, even though my A2 sits in the garage and the A3 gets driven weekly . I am not worried about the cost to fix the Cat or the Allison if they break I will just go buy another A3 for $3500 take what I need and sell the rest and probally come out ahead .

Hooper

Lonegunman, What info in this thread is not true? The only one with a POS opinion is you.
If the OP did not want our opinions, he should not of asked for them.
If you don't like the opinions or the people on this board then go away.

His opinions seems about right to me. Everywhere on the net these trucks are selling for 9,000-15,000 dollars.

dozer1

Try e-bay with a reserve of your choice or high starting bid that you would sell it at. Who knows till ya try. Just make it nice and clean and take good pics. It would be interesting to watch

Chief_919

His opinions seems about right to me. Everywhere on the net these trucks are selling for 9,000-15,000 dollars.
No, people are ASKING that.

ASKING does not mean selling.

Lets look at closed Ebay listings- auctions show real value.

Two started at $12,500 no bids, no sale.
One started at $15,000 no bids, no sale.
Two started at $13,500 no bids, no sale.
Two started at $6,500 no bids, no sale.
One started at $7,495 no bids, no sale.
One started at $14,995 no bids, no sale.
One started at $10,995 no bids, no sale.
One bid up to $5,100, reserve not met, no sale
One started at $8,00, no bids no sale

The closed auction results are very clear and show that you are without a doubt wrong. Lots of people asking in that range, but nobody buying at those prices. $5,100 was the max anyone bid an A3 to in the last 30 days. If a truck listed at $6,500 on Ebay gets no bids, nobody is paying $9,000-15,000 from a private seller.

3dAngus

Without mentioning the specific auction number, I'd like to add there is an anomymous SSer who has a very nice M35A3 on there that is turnkey, and bid is up to $6900.

I wish him good luck with his sales. He has demonstrated the price quotes by individuals I gave in an earlier post is pretty much right on. I hope he gets more for his effort. Decent, unselfish, and helpful fella.

Hooper

No, people are ASKING that.

ASKING does not mean selling.

Lets look at closed Ebay listings- auctions show real value.

Two started at $12,500 no bids, no sale.
One started at $15,000 no bids, no sale.
Two started at $13,500 no bids, no sale.
Two started at $6,500 no bids, no sale.
One started at $7,495 no bids, no sale.
One started at $14,995 no bids, no sale.
One started at $10,995 no bids, no sale.
One bid up to $5,100, reserve not met, no sale
One started at $8,00, no bids no sale

The closed auction results are very clear and show that you are without a doubt wrong. Lots of people asking in that range, but nobody buying at those prices. $5,100 was the max anyone bid an A3 to in the last 30 days. If a truck listed at $6,500 on Ebay gets no bids, nobody is paying $9,000-15,000 from a private seller.

Ebay may not be the best place. Shipping is a huge issue for most people. There are very few or no trucks like this for sale in Michigan.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hooper what state are you in ? You only have the city in your info , trucks sell for more on the west coast than in the mid-west or east coast . Shipping is a factor on selling price .

Edit; I was typing when you posted michigan . You have to look at the fact michigan has the worst economy in the nation and Fort McCoy is a close recovery to michigan so I would have to say your not going to get high dollar here.

Last edited:

Chief_919

Ebay may not be the best place. Shipping is a huge issue for most people. There are very few or no trucks like this for sale in Michigan.
Local market differences won't go any higher than the cost to ship a truck in- since there are plenty of A3's on the east coast, no more than $1500-2000 over anywhere else.

The truck that was bid to $5100 was in Ohio, and it had an $8,000 buy it now that nobody took the bait on.

That truck was 239 miles from Detroit , 358 miles from Grand Rapids according to Google. A buyer in Michigan could have jumped on the Buy It Now at 8k and spent $500 in fuel driving it back- nobody did.

If the max bid on a truck 200 miles from Michigan was $5100, clearly nobody there is interested in paying 2x that becuase it is 300 miles closer.

The market just isn't where you think it is. When looking to determine value, you have to look at succesful sales. I don't see anyone paying the prices you say. I see plenty of people unable to get those prices, telling me they are too high for the market.

Last edited:

Hooper

Hooper what state are you in ? You only have the city in your info , trucks sell for more on the west coast than in the mid-west or east coast . Shipping is a factor on selling price .

Edit; I was typing when you posted michigan . You have to look at the fact michigan has the worst economy in the nation and Fort McCoy is a close recovery to michigan so I would have to say your not going to get high dollar here.

There are many very wealthy people here in Grand Rapids. My boss is a multi millionaire and wants a ride in it. I'm hoping he will want it.:p

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter

so if you already know what people are getting/listing them for....what was the point of this thread?

did you make a thread hoping someone would send you an offer since you cant post in the classifieds?

by the way...nopics

Chief_919

There are many very wealthy people here in Grand Rapids. My boss is a multi millionaire and wants a ride in it. I'm hoping he will want it.:p
One thing about millionaires- they got that way by being smart with money.

Like doing the research to see what the real value is.