• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sellable value for a M35A3

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My advise is to price your truck for what you want to get out of it. It will either sell or it won't. You can start your price high and come down until somebody buys it. That, my friend, will be what it's worth. Then you can tell us what the going price is for a A3. It's worth what somebody is willing to pay.

3dAngus

Or better yet, just enjoy the deuce. You're gonna be stuck with it anyway.

You asked the question. If you already had the answer in your mind, and don't care to listen to reason here, just drive it and enjoy it. But be careful. Your boss, the millionaire, knows how to do his research. If you try to sell him a $6000 deuce for double digits, he would not trust you again as far as he could throw a deuce.

This thread needs to die. What appears to be simple question, turns out to be, a stupid question asked by a troll with a millionaire boss.
Lots of effort and ill-will for what appears to be a total idiot.
Nothing in this thread could not have been found with a simple google search, until the OP has something to contribute to this forum, I will have nothing to say to him. (and that is as nice as I can say it)

AMX

If someone is paying that much for an A2, I've got a 68 hardtop dropside I'll sell for $5K. :beer:

BTW, if it closed for $5-6K, it doesn't mean it sold/was paid for at that price....

I have dropped out of the bidding at $4000+ myself on 3 different ones. They havent come back up for sale, thats a good sign that they were paid for.

jleasure

The question was reasonable and the answer is pretty clear. The truck is worth what somebody will pay, but there is a logical range. That range is probably in the $6K neighborhood if properly titled, in good operating condition, and with minimal rust. Think about it like this, if those trucks routinely sold for the unrealistic asking prices you see, you wouldn't have bought that one for the price you paid. There is no real reason to debate the issue either way. Money talks. You will know for sure soon enough if you actually list it for sale.

Maybe you can get more, maybe less. To be safe, list it on the higher end of the "reasonable" range and see how many times your phone rings. At an asking price of $9K, it probably won't ring often, if at all.

In the end, it depends on how badly / quickly you want to sell the truck. If you are in super rush to sell the truck, you might be forced to break even or make a small profit. If you are patient, you might find somebody who wants to pay a premium price, but I doubt that price will be anywhere near the $9k-$13K price you referenced. With fuel at $4/gal, and with a depressed economy, your pool of buyers is pretty small.

Good luck with the truck, I hope you do well on your deal. Just be realistic in your expectations. At your purchase price, there isn't much to be worried about if you got a good truck. 2cents

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have dropped out of the bidding at $4000+ myself on 3 different ones. They havent come back up for sale, thats a good sign that they were paid for.
They don't tend to pop right back up the next week from what I've seen. At least not the ones in Georgia and Alabama. Sooo, $4000 huh?. :mrgreen:

RealCavDog

so if you already know what people are getting/listing them for....what was the point of this thread?

did you make a thread hoping someone would send you an offer since you cant post in the classifieds?

by the way...nopics

Thinking that was getting pretty obvious on page 1 ! Either a thinly veiled classified by-pass attempt by a newbie or just stirring the pot ! :deadhorse:

Looks like a couple grand profit isn't enough ! Let the millionaire buy it for 10K or more !

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking that was getting pretty obvious on page 1 ! Either a thinly veiled classified by-pass attempt by a newbie or just stirring the pot ! :deadhorse:

Looks like a couple grand profit isn't enough ! Let the millionaire buy it for 10K or more !
Even if he could use the classifieds here it wouldn't do him any good with the price he expects to get out of it , not to many people here will pay full blown dealer retail which is what he wants . With the number of A3's comming out of Fort McCoy if you get a running truck you could use the auto ferry across lake michigan and still keep the recovery under a $1000 bucks

AMX

They don't tend to pop right back up the next week from what I've seen. At least not the ones in Georgia and Alabama. Sooo, $4000 huh?. :mrgreen:

Yea, $4k bid was as high as I was willing to go. Some of those have been more than 8 weeks ago and still havent resurfaced, although another truck I was outbid on in Marietta showed back up in three weeks and another in 4 weeks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's all about supply and demand.

For the last 3 years, I have bid as high as 7000-7500 for at least a dozen A3s, never won a single one.

My interest weakens.

This year I have watched similar trucks selling for 3500-4500.

I bet when they are all out, the prices will go up.

That's just how it goes.

What they are worth, is only up to the seller and a potential buyer.

I think anyone that buys first and asks later, what something is "worth", well, ain't so smart....

Last edited:

AMX

(I think anyone that buys first and asks later, what something is "worth", well, ain't so smart.... )

And they drive up auction prices for thr rest of us.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yea, $4k bid was as high as I was willing to go. Some of those have been more than 8 weeks ago and still havent resurfaced, although another truck I was outbid on in Marietta showed back up in three weeks and another in 4 weeks.
Bid $4K on my 68 and you might win it. :mrgreen:

exbrown

It's all about supply and demand.

I think anyone that buys first and asks later, what something is "worth", well, ain't so smart....
When someone bids, they are setting the "worth" of the object. Auctions only show what something is worth then and there. Often an indication of value, but often not, also.

I have bought many things at auction, and I have been on both sides of this equation, as have many of us.

ryker725

I guess it dpends where you live.. A local dealer has a nice running A3 on his lot. He started ou asking $7,500 and hasn't sold it in months.. Price is now $7,000...

1991 M35A3 - Ken's ATV

I've seen GL auctions getting more than that in some states..

IMO, a fair price for a running A3 WO/W under 10,000 miles is 8-9K,, Im saying that because I can get them all day for that or less...

Hooper

One thing about millionaires- they got that way by being smart with money.

Like doing the research to see what the real value is.

I'm cool with keeping it. I do think the 925 looks slightly better, not sure yet if it worth an extra 3k, but I will soon find out.

Hooper

This thread needs to die. What appears to be simple question, turns out to be, a stupid question asked by a troll with a millionaire boss.
Lots of effort and ill-will for what appears to be a total idiot.
Nothing in this thread could not have been found with a simple google search, until the OP has something to contribute to this forum, I will have nothing to say to him. (and that is as nice as I can say it)

Poor little bugger. If your time is worth so much to you then you should have saved your time and posted on one of the other hundreds of threads.