• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selling cucv outside USA exporting?

tamecrow

Canada is Exempt

I think what the OP might be looking for is less about exporting, and more about how ITAR applies to our vehicles and parts. Here is a link to ITAR on wikipedia, but the real dirt is located on the State Department website. Someone without dial-up :sad: might be able to find answers there easily.

International Traffic in Arms Regulations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
International Traffic In Arms Regulations - PART 126-GENERAL POLICIES AND PROVISIONS

§ 126.5 -- Canadian exemptions.

(a) District Directors of Customs and postmasters shall permit the export or temporary import without a license of any unclassified defense article or any unclassified technical data to Canada for end-use in Canada by Canadian citizens or return to the United States, or from Canada for end-use in the United States or return to a Canadian citizen in Canada, with the exception of the articles or related technical data listed in paragraph (b) of this section.

(b) Exceptions. The exemptions of this section do not apply to the following articles and related technical data:

(1) Fully automatic firearms in Category I(a) which are not for end-use by the Federal Government, or a Provincial or Municipal Government of Canada;

(2) Nuclear weapons strategic delivery systems and all components, parts, accessories, attachments specifically designed for such systems and associated equipment;

(3) Nuclear weapon design and test equipment listed in Category XVI;

(4) Naval nuclear propulsion equipment listed in Category VI(e);

(5) Aircraft listed in Category VIII(a);

(6) Submersible and oceanographic vessels and related articles listed in Category XX (a) through (d).

(7) Technical data for use by a foreign national other than a Canadian.

(b) Unclassified technical data directly related to a classified defense article.

(c) Related requirements. The foregoing exemption from obtaining an export license does not exempt an exporter from complying with the requirements set forth in § 123.15 of this subchapter or from filing the Shipper's Export Declaration required by § 123.22 of this subchapter.

(d) Part 124 agreements. The requirements of part 124 of this subchapter must be complied with in the situations contemplated in that part. For example, the exemptions of this section may not be used for the provision of defense services except pursuant to an approved manufacturing license agreement or technical assistance agreement.

Last edited:

tamecrow

found this post, but it mostly talks about parts Shipping parts to other countries but does mention vehicles can not be exported if bought from GL auctions with an EUC.
WOW, The misinformation in that link (Shipping parts to other countries) is amazing. Now I know what I'm up against when I ask that dreaded question "Will you ship to Canada" when inquiring about something like a used starter for a 6.2 diesel and the misinformed seller lectures me that I must be a US citizen. Funny $hit man.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks