• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Semi gloss paint

Aruba1

Hello,

I have found countless posts on flat paint in olive drab green, tan and camo but I had no luck on semi gloss. I think the semi gloss is a little easier to maintain so I am considering going that route. If you have it, regardless of the color, can you please post a few pics? Or maybe a full floss paint job? :p Please also state where you got the paint.

Thanks.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a 24087 semi-gloss thread with a few pics. There will be more at the bottom of the page and if you type 24087 into the search bar you can read for hours.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?81502-Show-your-24087-deuces!!!

Suppliers can usually match paint using the codes so even your local BHM Home Depot may have the right paint, depending on your choice of product.

We used Endura Polyurethane and it should out-live me. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?52255-G749-preservation/page2

Lots of good info in the Paint and Body forum....next to the Bodypaint forum.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Paint-and-Bodywork

Bill W

I went with WWII semi-gloss made by Gilliespie paint ( bought from Rapco ) on my Deuce., Its not as brown ( for lack of better word ) as 24087. Heres pictures of inside and sun light of same truck being every computer interprets pixel color differently

Attachments

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Not my pics but from this site

These were taken at a DRMO lot
San Antonio I think.

Hope they help

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep in mind that with the behr paints and home depot, 24087 can be had in flat to produce a flat OD OR as a semi gloss... just because I'm pretty sure that will turn up in your searches.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Federal standard paints first # in a color 2= semi gloss, 3= flat(lusterless), This is Behr 24087 straight off the Home Depot paint computer.

m146.jpg

Last edited:

Aruba1

Thank you all that posted. Earlier this week I order a set of locking door handles and I just got them today. I really love the green used on the handles and I am taking it to Homedepoty tomorrow and order 3 gallons but in Semi-Gloss.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks