• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEORTM Shop truck gen problems - Any help? No output. Model Lima MAC 3165-0083

rustystud

Uhh...
...Yeah. I have a math degree; it all depends upon the number of poles in the generator design. I believe that the "larger" generators have thirty poles per phase and run at 120 RPM on 60-Hz systems. In this application, though, I recall having to bring my engine nearly up to redline (2300 RPM) before there was any output. Never measured generator RPM, but 60 Hz was pretty elusive until things were screaming.
I wasn't being rude to you, I was trying to point out that there are several rpms that will give you 60 Hz. So to be a little snippy back, the larger movable generators run 900 rpm not 120 rpms. I have worked on several including ones that where sent to India to run the giant electric earthmovers. The engine/generator fit inside a 40ft cargo container, barely. The ones your talking about are the size of buildings and are not moved. Also you just disproved your earlier statement yourself about needing more RPMs to get 60Hz.

Last edited: