• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Serious injury of a deuce......

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce Injury- **UPDATED**

Many of you have read the thread about my neighbor Mr. Guillory's deuce. He saw mine, had to have one then spent 10 days sanding by hand, painting and restoring his deuce to a jewel.

Here are links to the threads.... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/31950-neighbor.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/32413-mr-gs-deuce-cont.html

Anyway, we are having some crappy weather right now, and Mr. G was worried about the rain splashing mud on his tires and making them ugly, so he moved it 5 feet forward. An hour later, he heard a crash from where his truck is parked. The pictures speak for themselves.

When the weather clears, we are going to cut the limb, remove the debris and see about bringing her back to life.

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I must be missing something, but that looks more like a broken nose, moreso than death.

A hood and 2 engine side panels?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's harder than that to kill a deuce.

Get a new hood, a few more small parts, some paint, and bring her back to life!

And start cutting down some trees, dammit!

FrankUSMC

I think I have a new old stock valve cover if he needs one, I also have some side panels. Free to him if he needs them, my way of saying thanks for saving our history.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
PS, now, get out there with a chain saw.....and remember Marine, ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT A FOREST, get cutting!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frank, I will definitely let him know about your offer. Many thanks!

Looking at the damage, It looks like his cab flexed a little, radiator support on drivers side is bent and we don't know what damage was done in the engine compartment as his heater intake is in the way for a good inspection. Will update when we get busy removing the tree.....

Lex_Ordo

Ouch! I bet that really hurt after such a wonderful restore. Now you got me worried about mine!
It's raining pretty steady, and has been, and will continue to. All I have to do is restore the wheels. Everything else came out mint.
However, I did cut back all the limbs and trees where the duece sits only because my H3, sat there first, and I was hoping that no ill fate befall it.

I hope it is not a long repair.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Oh now I see it, I thought it was just heavy duty field expedited camouflage. :-D
It's a drag when that happens. Same thing happened to my Jeep a couple of years ago, right in the middle of the hood.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I really hate to see that happen. Well at least he wasn't in it so whatever he needs just post it on here and I bet the SS folks help him out. Anything I have extra that he needs is his for shipping cost only.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks