• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Severly wounded old soldiers

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did this yard fall through the cracks? Never heard of it before. There was a topic a long, long time ago about top 10 junk yards, maybe we need an updated all-inclusive list by itself???? (with names, general contents, and contact info) :D

jh1990

if i had the money and time and space i would be interested in an 821, that 814 and that HEMTT cab atleast, but i dont have the time, money, or space. if only we all unlimited pictures of dead presidents, oh well

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: still more

There are tons of places like this. Scrap contracters end up with some pretty wild equipment. Ever wonder where beltfed gets his tons of stuff? Tommy Craig up in Perry FL has joined up with a scrap contractor and is always pulling great stuff out of the heap at scrap metal prices.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

If I had the credit (which I don't) and the space (which I don't) and some free time (which I don't), I'd gladly get back into the surplus business like I used to, and buy all the green stuff I could, even if it was a scrap contract. If any of you get a chance to go back to this place, be sure and take pics of what you save!

Armada

Lloyd, if there are any more of the lights available after Kenny gets his pick, I would also like one, two if possible. I need the wishbone mount with it. I've got one nos light and a couple parts lights. Same pricing as Kenny is fine. Thank you.

ucfjeeper

Shoot, I go up to savannah all the time. It's the Mrs home town.. I know where I'm heading the next time I go.

hey recovery.... are there any good yards here in FL??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Not so much a yard but you have Green Gem Army Surplus on Ebay, he's in Live Oak. Parramore in panhandle. Thats about it. Don't forget the auction in Augusta GA in Sept. Search the site for CMS auction

ucfjeeper

Re: RE: Re: RE: still more

Recovry4x4 said:
Not so much a yard but you have Green Gem Army Surplus on Ebay, he's in Live Oak. Parramore in panhandle. Thats about it. Don't forget the auction in Augusta GA in Sept. Search the site for CMS auction
Yea, I knew about Green Gem. Parramore is new to me though...

I saw the auction ad, but thats a little far for me on a week day. It would be worth it for the parts though.. I'm looking for some 2.5ton spring perches, the 1410 flanges that bolt to the pinion flange, and some driveshafts.

what about the ones that are down south? any good?

poppop

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: still more

The good thing is the guy at the scrap yard likes green iron. Most of the larger trucks will sit there rather than be crushed. Bad thing is the price of scrap is high so no bargins there. He will sell for no less then scrap price. I was just there a couple days ago and all the large stuff is still there. Several blazers had disappeared but they were stripped anyway.

Bill W

Gotta be a better bed in that pile then what is on my truck! 198 miles from me, worth a trip just to look.

ucfjeeper

I called Gann Car Crushing today because I'm going to Savannah this weekend.... I asked about the military vehicles and that lady I spoke to had no clue what I was talking about??

are you all sure that is the correct place to go??

papercu

yards

I've never been to either places but best I recall, actually there are two places in Pembroke that bought the scrap from Ft Steward. There has to be at least one place like that at every base though.
Did anyone ever get the price on the welding trailer? Wayne

poppop

RE: yards

Wayne, the welding trailer is used on the yard and not for sale. I think the second place you have in mind has been closed for guite a number of years. If my memory is correct he was the sheriff of Bryan County and served time for receiving stolen trucks. The M211's or 135's, I can't remember the correct number now, were on his yard and Gann picked them up there with some other stuff.

Jeeper, I sent you a PM, That is the correct place and they are open on Sat. All I can say is drop by and see what Happens. Cowboy and Mr. Gann may not be there. They are also into antique tractors and we are having a trail ride leaving from my house Sat. They may be here with me and our tractor club.

papercu

yards

O.K. Thanks I remember seeing both yards having trucks picking up from there, back in the DRMO days.

I have one of those welding outfit for sale (make offer). I know the little air compressor is not working and I think the starter was missing when I got it. The engine I was told was the 4 cylinder diesel Perkins ( industrial type ) I hauled it home behind my 1/2t pickup but it is a load. Wayne

http://ImageEvent.com/wharris19/militarytrucks/mseries

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks