• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sharing my hmmwv restore/ repurpose for civilian use

racing4funn

Most everything has been removed painted or replaced. Most visible bolts replaced with stainless. Under the soft top is 1/2 inch aluminum sheets that i can walk on (dont really like softops and cant aford a hardtop and sheets were salvaged from a recycler). The inside was a DIY bed liner tan (Al's with their sound deadner). Exterior is Bear house paint sprayed on. Seats are cheapos for a jeep. All lights changed to led. A good buddy does hydro dipping and he did my dash. All new gauges.

Thought I would shair to give others ideas

Attachments

darr3239

I don't know if the tires are "supposed" to be that way. Goodyear says they are directional, so I lean in the direction of being too lazy to care which way they are going when they are mounted.

Apparently, when driving there isn't a lot of noticeable difference which way they are mounted though.

It took me quite a while for my local tire seller to come up with four which would be turning the right direction. I don't put many miles on my HMMWV, so they will be on for years and I wanted them to look correct. I didn't want to be constantly reminded that they looked wrong if I didn't wait to get it right.

Wire Fox

I've never enjoyed the realtree-style photographic camouflage, but I really dig everything else. You've set it up in a way that makes gloss look good on these. My HMMWV has far too many holes in it to think about going for a nice, pretty, glossy civvy paint job. The camouflage does wonders of hiding the damage.