• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sharing my hmmwv restore/ repurpose for civilian use

racing4funn

Most everything has been removed painted or replaced. Most visible bolts replaced with stainless. Under the soft top is 1/2 inch aluminum sheets that i can walk on (dont really like softops and cant aford a hardtop and sheets were salvaged from a recycler). The inside was a DIY bed liner tan (Al's with their sound deadner). Exterior is Bear house paint sprayed on. Seats are cheapos for a jeep. All lights changed to led. A good buddy does hydro dipping and he did my dash. All new gauges.

Thought I would shair to give others ideas

Attachments

darr3239

I don't know if the tires are "supposed" to be that way. Goodyear says they are directional, so I lean in the direction of being too lazy to care which way they are going when they are mounted.

Apparently, when driving there isn't a lot of noticeable difference which way they are mounted though.

It took me quite a while for my local tire seller to come up with four which would be turning the right direction. I don't put many miles on my HMMWV, so they will be on for years and I wanted them to look correct. I didn't want to be constantly reminded that they looked wrong if I didn't wait to get it right.

Wire Fox

I've never enjoyed the realtree-style photographic camouflage, but I really dig everything else. You've set it up in a way that makes gloss look good on these. My HMMWV has far too many holes in it to think about going for a nice, pretty, glossy civvy paint job. The camouflage does wonders of hiding the damage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks