• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She's a Whistler

cruz

I just got my new deuce, and she's a whistler "woohoo", and it has a solorgizer. I will get some better pics tommorrow as it got delivered after dark. just a couple Q's, first on the back of the electric wiper motor the nut and threads that hold the arms onto the motor are broken off, so they go back and forth like 2 times then fall off, so I was wondering if you can just buy parts for the electric wiper motor, or if I have to buy a whole new motor if I can't fix it somehow. I really wish I would have checked it first instead of just turning it on, it snapped the threaded part right off when I turned it on, as it was missing the nut.OH WELL SH*T happens

Attachments

cruz

Can you not drill and tap the center of the wiper post?
I am not sure yet as I haven't taken it off, but it looks to me like my best bet to fix it will be to weld some new threads on it from another bolt. I guess I'll figure something out. and it is a nice truck, this one is for sure the keeper. I really like the fact that all of the boards are fibreglass on the troop seats.
The only thing I need to do is to repaint the black, as it looks to have been touched up with spray paint, which has faded more than the CARC

rivired

Ive heard nothing but pain in the ass stories about the nuts and what not ,on the electric wiper kits..Im actually glad i still have air powered ... but anyways nice looking rig .Enjoy

cruz

I've got another question, this one feels very sluggish compared to my other deuce, My other one will hit the governor in 5th going up hills, if I give it full throttle, this one struggles to hit the governor on flat ground, and seems to rev a little slower, and with only a quarter of the miles, 8000 compared to 30,000. is this due to the whistler turbo? this is the first whistler I have driven, I have had two other deuces both D turbos, and were about the same as each other.

also today when I went to start it, she started very hard, cranked a good 10-15 seconds before she started to pop, sputter, then died, hit the starter again another 5 seconds and she started, after that all day she started right up, just as good as my other truck. I turned up the fuel on the truck 4 flats, "hope that was the fix" and I checked all fuel fittings, I didn't find any loose.

1 other thing is that this one smokes a little more at idle than my other one. hopefully if I drive her a little more she will clear up, if I remember right when I picked up my other one it smoked quite a bit, but had cleared up by the time I got home, I drove that one home 200+ miles and remember it being a little sluggish at first, but it is hard to remember exactly from a year ago. I had this one shipped because I didn't preview it.

Also here is another pic of my fleet, not the greatest quality as it was from my phone just before sunset, and a pic of my other deuce on recovery day may 2008.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck Cruz, where did this one come from?
Also, nice collection you have there.

54reo

Have you changed the filters and performed a general "tune-up"?

Next would be to check the IP and the fuel setting. IMHO.

cruz

Have you changed the filters and performed a general "tune-up"?

Next would be to check the IP and the fuel setting. IMHO.
I haven't yet changed filters, I did drain the fuel filters so there shouldn't be any water in them, and I increased the fuel 4 flats on the IP, I don't want to go any further until I get a pyro installed, and I cleaned the air filter, next will be to pull the injectors if it doesn't get better within the next tank of fuel.

coeder

Nice looking truck. Did the 4 flats make a big difference? Seems like alot. Should have some results?

cruz

4 flats made it start right up, after 4 hours, but the real test will be tomorrow morning after sitting all night, performance wise it didn't make much of a difference and my other deuce is still "Quicker" if you can call a deuce quick, 1 nice thing about this new deuce is that the transmission is much tighter, and it shifts much nicer.