• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shortening a M923 bed

I am going to be putting a knuckle boom crane between the cab and bed of a M923 soon. I was wondering how much shorter in legth is a M35 bed than a M923? My thinking is to shorten it down to the same size and be able to use a stock cargo cover for a M35 on the M923. Also are the height of the M35 and the M923 covers the same?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 ton bed= 14' 5 ton ISO bed = 15' Deuce bed = 12'

5 ton bed has 5 bows and the deuce 4. Chopping the 5 ton bed will throw off bow spacing. Probably be easier and not that much more money to sell the 5 ton bed and buy a deuce bed.

Last edited:
How can you tell if it is an ISO bed?

Not Worried about the bow Spacing. I plan to build a custom frame that will be removable from the bed to support the top. There will be a lifting eye in the middle and i will be able to remove the entire cargo cover and frame with the crane. Should make it much easier for unloading cargo from the bed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ISO beds have 4 removable sides and a tray in the back to store them in. Should also have tie down points for ISO containers.

caliber1

5 ton bed= 14' 5 ton ISO bed = 15' Deuce bed = 12'

5 ton bed has 5 bows and the deuce 4. Chopping the 5 ton bed will throw off bow spacing. Probably be easier and not that much more money to sell the 5 ton bed and buy a deuce bed.
Hey Kenny, the deuce bed does have 5 bows. Well, mine does anyways.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks