• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shortening a M923 bed

I am going to be putting a knuckle boom crane between the cab and bed of a M923 soon. I was wondering how much shorter in legth is a M35 bed than a M923? My thinking is to shorten it down to the same size and be able to use a stock cargo cover for a M35 on the M923. Also are the height of the M35 and the M923 covers the same?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 ton bed= 14' 5 ton ISO bed = 15' Deuce bed = 12'

5 ton bed has 5 bows and the deuce 4. Chopping the 5 ton bed will throw off bow spacing. Probably be easier and not that much more money to sell the 5 ton bed and buy a deuce bed.

Last edited:
How can you tell if it is an ISO bed?

Not Worried about the bow Spacing. I plan to build a custom frame that will be removable from the bed to support the top. There will be a lifting eye in the middle and i will be able to remove the entire cargo cover and frame with the crane. Should make it much easier for unloading cargo from the bed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ISO beds have 4 removable sides and a tray in the back to store them in. Should also have tie down points for ISO containers.

caliber1

5 ton bed= 14' 5 ton ISO bed = 15' Deuce bed = 12'

5 ton bed has 5 bows and the deuce 4. Chopping the 5 ton bed will throw off bow spacing. Probably be easier and not that much more money to sell the 5 ton bed and buy a deuce bed.
Hey Kenny, the deuce bed does have 5 bows. Well, mine does anyways.