• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

should I bid on this one?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait, so you're telling me you read all pages of all terms and conditions for all items you use?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's no different than signing a paper contract for something and no I don't sign anything without reading what I am signing.

Last edited:

Givinup

It's no different than signing a paper contract for something and no I don't sign anything without reading what I am signing.
"Keep your posts on-topic. Do not hi-jack peoples threads for your own gain. Start your own thread instead." time to re read the rules you agreed to.

Let's get back on topic and not hijack a new members thread asking for advice to the community.

Givinup

Hello all! I have been looking for a fmtv for the past few months. I am trying to get the latest years possible and this
[h=1]S & S M1088A1 MTV 6x6 Tractor Truck[/h] came up and want to ask for you guys opinion. should I bid on it? how much do you think it should go for? I am in San Diego and would love to find something closer in California or Arizona but they don't come up too often. my biggest concern is this in the description :"After jump starting, the engine ran. The engine would not re-start after shutting down without jump starting."
do y'all think its just the battery or alternator issue or it could be something else?
Without knowing the truck you are looking at, but using deductive reasoning, I'd suggest considering the area it's sold from and the other condition. Is it likely it got flooded and are there signs s of rust, etc.

Missing batteries usually isn't a culprit of a problem.

Givinup

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Hahaha - - I'm not trying to pick a fight, or start a spectacle. I'm trying to give constructive feedback to a new member that asked a question.

I think those values should help the community grow and foster.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait, so you're telling me you read all pages of all terms and conditions for all items you use?

"Keep your posts on-topic. Do not hi-jack peoples threads for your own gain. Start your own thread instead." time to re read the rules you agreed to.

Let's get back on topic and not hijack a new members thread asking for advice to the community.

It was a reply to a question you ask , so it looks like your derailed the the thread also.

tobyS

What do we figure the odd are that OP ever came back to read all this wisdom...
That's why he's gone....not to be unkind....there are 20 guys with HMMWV's to replace him that state by state get the on-road title pulled out from under them.... so the fun goes on.

jetblack3s

Sorry when I posted it said the thread will need to be approved first by the administrator and I traded the rule shortly after. I did not think this post was going to get approved but here it is. It won’t happen again though.

jetblack3s

Sorry guys I thought I am quoting each comment as I reply but it doesn’t seem like it’s working. I think I need to do it in my laptop, I am using safari on my iPhone and it’s not working out

Last edited:

jetblack3s

Yes I am aware of this. I can store it at my shop and not planning on using it on the road until the truck it’s reporposed, then I might get a moving pass to test the vehicle. Once the vehicle is restore back into road worthy then I’ll start building the camper and then register it as RV in the DMV

jetblack3s

I would like to find something in California or Arizona and in running condition to drive back to San Diego. I would also like to be onsite to check out the vehicle before bidding. I understand this is going to be a long process but I think it’s going to be a fun one. It would be awesome if I can link up with some of you from Socal and check out your rigs and learn from you what to look for in these trucks so I am more prepared in the auction. Happy to treat you lunch or dinner in return!

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to find something in California or Arizona and in running condition to drive back to San Diego. I would also like to be onsite to check out the vehicle before bidding. I understand this is going to be a long process but I think it’s going to be a fun one. It would be awesome if I can link up with some of you from Socal and check out your rigs and learn from you what to look for in these trucks so I am more prepared in the auction. Happy to treat you lunch or dinner in return!
Maybe look in the events section in your area and see if there is a spring rally in the near future. That is a great way to meet people and learn something and see lots of green drab eye candy of all shapes and sizes. Also classified section here is awesome. Better bet if your looking for something that's in better condition. Best of luck.

tobyS

Read the part again about buying from an individual and you surely ought to read some of the RV threads.

There are enough out there to find one that has most of the major issues identified by the owner.

I find it almost impossible to preview AND win the one (or several) that I want.

jetblack3s

Maybe look in the events section in your area and see if there is a spring rally in the near future. That is a great way to meet people and learn something and see lots of green drab eye candy of all shapes and sizes. Also classified section here is awesome. Better bet if your looking for something that's in better condition. Best of luck.

Will do, thank you!

jetblack3s

Read the part again about buying from an individual and you surely ought to read some of the RV threads.

There are enough out there to find one that has most of the major issues identified by the owner.

I find it almost impossible to preview AND win the one (or several) that I want.
Do you mean buying one private? I need to talk to gov planet or maybe you guys can answer this. Do they allow you to inspect the vehicle before the bidding if you are onsite? I know with regular car auction they do.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you mean buying one private? I need to talk to gov planet or maybe you guys can answer this. Do they allow you to inspect the vehicle before the bidding if you are onsite? I know with regular car auction they do.
I own a used car dealership and I can tell you this is nothing like Adesa or Manheim auctions if thats what your asking. There is no arbitration and you can absolutely assume the worst when bidding on these items. Private sales are best especially from hobbyists that enjoy the projects they work on. Usually they spend the time and money on their trucks. When you buy at auction you have no clue when the last time that vehicle was maintenanced.

tobyS

There is supposed to be a way, but I could never accomplish it. It's not like a car auction on site...it's entirely on the computer. I've bought 16 of them and couldn't preview one (that I bought). Now few sales are in my area.

There are some people nearby some of the sale sites that for a small fee will do a preview. Some guys here can give you names or if you know the site nearest you, the site manager would possibly give a name, since these guys come in often.

Yes, I was suggesting finding a private seller.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks