• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Me Your Campers!

koolex11

I stood in the back of a 109 the other day and daydreamed for a while. You can make a nice camper out of them. I wonder if you can make a passage between the cab and the box like a Winnebago?

Welder Sam

A) id be tring to fit 4-5 ppl is so id be limited to sleeping quarters and maybe a restroom/shower but itd be vvveerryy tight.
B) ive seen many pondering that idea and some seem to have made it work. My personal thinking is that u would need a rubber seal btwn the box & cab similar to a semi/sleeper. To account for the flexing

scottjhl

I always thought one of the best features in our camper was the dining booth that dropped into a bed. Whoever thought of that was a genius. I always thought of bolting a futon to the floor a nice full bed conversion.

And this is what changed my mind to add this instead of a full on bed... makes for much more useable space!

A

A/C Cages

Ever thought about submarine fold down/up bunk beds? They are only down in the way when you are sleeping in them, otherwise they are folded up close to the walls and can even be mounted overtop another bed?

koolex11

Ever thought about submarine fold down/up bunk beds? They are only down in the way when you are sleeping in them, otherwise they are folded up close to the walls and can even be mounted overtop another bed?
That is a simple solution. Couple of hinges and chains, just like a tailgate.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Not mine: Friend Wolfpack built this rig. It's an M116A1 Gen trailer with a Apache hard side pop-up trailer mounted on top. Gangs of storage, goes up in about 15 min, will follow the Deuce anywhere. Works well, lots of room.
i like that one alot, makes for a nice all weather camper, rain or shine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is about as basic as it gets. Shelter is an S-318. Kinda like an S-250 that was wahsed in hot water, shrunk. Table is hinged and folds down and the little extra piece of plywood fills in the gap. The entire shelter becomes a bed. Myself, wife and one of my sons as a baby, spent a week using this. The windowshaker kept in very comfy.

Attachments

tamangel

not that you all have a ton of space but here's another idea, beds coming down from the ceiling in a Toy hauler..

go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and search for this video: Dune Sport: Electric Beds

I didn't want to put the direct video link here as it takes up too much thread space for the dedicated viewer..

Mike

tamangel

fold up kitchen..

no connection with the seller (maybe company not even in business anymore as ad says built in 1969..) but saw this all-in-one-unit while surfing the web.... 115 volt requirement may not be in favor for mobile rigs but thought concept was cool..

http://reenah.com/kitchenette.html

Mike

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks